• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Come on Who's Hit?

Boar

Wow! ODA thats like a giant tick with leggs. Sweet the first one aint no slouch either great pics, well i got no one to blame but myself, but ten for ten, man your hired hand needs to hump buckets without a wheeler for a week. Lol! later boar

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jay assessing your pictures again, it looks like the same bear in your previous picture posts, has kinda the same belly. Like I say it looks like a tasty freezer bear. butI guesse a little on the young side. i'm such a poor judgment of size with pictures, I hope i dont mislead you. looks about the size of my first 150 180 maybe, but delicious. One thing you should do is take a piece of orange traking ribbon an tie it around a tree in camera view at about waist height or 3 ft. if the back of a bear comes close to the height of a ribbon its a good bear. Also wen one comes in, give it time to settle in an get comfy to eat, this allows you to settle down, put your heart back in your chest, assess the bear an decide if you wanna take it. Boar

Jay,,, If I was to guess I would have to agree that it's around the 150ish class with the possibility of MAYBE 200 but who knows. I know one thing though(( IT IS A LEGAL BEAR)) and it would fit in my frezzer!!

Sounds like there's some good promise for most of you hunters! We've got bears in nearly every bait, but nothing big so far. Biggest I've got on camera is maybe 220 or so, which is a good bear for this area.

Got another cinnamon calling...

full-1826-11335-306278_10150351862813694

Well i think ive been hit, Fereakin camera! second time in a row, friday went in an found the lid anlogs off my barrel. Cool, coons couldnt do it, went to the camera an no pics yea think my fault for not making sure the camera was counting down. went intoday an again barrel opened up an check the cam an only 9 pics of coons an not one showed any sign off a coon opening up the barrel, but it was opened. had logs wedged agains the lid pretty tight, lots of food gone. camera showed lots of battery juice gone in over a week. Primos 46, i adjusted the led's an other thing to conserve bat power, put up a trusty moultrie to see wat happpens. O well boar

What a difference a couple days make! My brother and I went from 1 of 6 hit last tuesday to 5 of 6 hit saturday (only can check baits twice a week because of work and distance from where we live). A couple have multiple bears and most are coming at consistent evening hours, yeah!! So far all of the bears are on the small side though with none that appear to be 200 or better, so hopefully some new bears move in.

So who thinks the acorns are going to mess things up just before the season starts??

Cool weather and in 3 days its gone from where are the bears to look at the highways in the woods.. Putting up cams this week.. Seen 3 different sets of tracks and claw marks on the logs and barrel...

The wifes STOKED NOW..

Im not too pumped yet, probally cause I havent baited yet. Im kicking myself for not making the extra trip up. Sounds like you guys are luck one way or another.

Boar, are you letting another camera give you problems again like last year. I dont remember if I ever saw the pics of the bear you got last year. LOL.

Oh well putting in 80hrs of work in this week then im off but, i'll try to keep up with the reports.

Oh that hurts HH. that really hurts man. Lol! Im trying to get better with the pics, just didnt have anyone to take a picture an wifes camera ran out of bat. yea yea yea i know. primos is gona hear about it. wips thru bat. to quick, i adjusted the led's an other things hopefully that;ll take care of it. Oh im gona get pics, oh yes I am. boar

Don't feel bad, I tried to use a old cheap one from a buddy so the bear didn't eat mine, and well he has hit 3 times with no picture to show for it. First time it didn't use the flash so i got black pics, think he came right at dark so it wasn't sure if it wanted to flash or not, then the bear bumped it in the broad daylight and then it sat facing the air.

Put one of my good ones out last night so we'll see now, suppose it will be ripped off the tree. lol

Just got our bait stations out yesterday. It was a fun day in the woods, lots of work though. Hope to have pics by the wkd. The good news is that all the deer cams have lots of bear pics on them. We have sows with cubs and some smaller loner bears, and one decent cubless bear. I hope it doesn't take them long to hit the baits. They are in the area. Here's a couple pics from the past week.

759.jpg864.jpg

Still 0 for 3 in areas that have always held bears. still seeing food everyware. i need the weather to change some and a north wind for a few days. any body have something stinkier then fry oil that help.

i am happy i finally have some coons in my bait, at least somthing is carrying my smell(oil) around the woods.