• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Goodbye Delmon Young

Getanet

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would anyone miss Delmon? He never made more than a ripple on this team, and for a former #1 overall pick he stunk. He had a great first half of last season and that was it, the rest of the time he was here he was horrid.

It's not just the miss part. It's we never get anything for players in trade or make a good trade lately. Player to be named later has 6.43 ERA in Triple A not going to make in the bigs. Now Thome will most likely be gone by end of week.If that was going to happen should of kept Young for DH.

10th in MVP voting last year and we got 2 players would have little to no chance of playing in the majors sounds like a good deal for us for sure

That MVP voting was based on 2-3 months of living up to a #1 overall pick, and those are the only 2-3 months he has lived up to it. In a career thats spanned several years, 2-3 months isn't that great. He will play for a few more years, retire and be best remembered for throwing a bat at an umpire and nothing more.

Top Mvp ,Rookie of the year. He's already had a good start to his career. If he only plays a few more years oh well. Still does not change how bad the twins are in handling trades and free agents.

I love how Greebs blames Gardy for these types of things redundantly.

And frankly I'm surprised Gardy played Delmon as much as he did. Delmon ought to be ashamed of himself showing up 30 pounds fatter than he did last year after coming into camp in stellar shape in 10'......Plain and simple Delmon is not only the worst defensive outfielder in baseball bar none but his situational hitting and discipline at the plate is also the worst in the game. His has the worst strike-out to walk ratio in the game and the worst a player has ever had in the majors in a single season.

Give me Ben Revere in left over a Delmon Young all day and Sunday. Revere has been in the majors for 3 months and Delmon can't carry his J-Strap as far as what a complete MLB ball should be.

Truthfully with all but 3 teams passing on Delmon we were lucky to get a couple of prospects versus the sack of potato's he is worth. And if we resign Kubel the deal is a no-brainer.... gee lets see Revere in left over Delmonty or Kubel- Mauer at DH over Delmon.... LOL... No-Brainer!

Go Twins!

One bad or off year and now we are triple a team. LOL!

grin

Now that he's reached the age of 25, that body of his has nowhere to go but out, he's going to pork right up. And those pitter-patter feet of his make for a poor bowling ball stand. He'll be out of the majors by the time he hits the age of 30.

I love how Greebs blames Gardy for these types of things redundantly.

And frankly I'm surprised Gardy played Delmon as much as he did. Delmon ought to be ashamed of himself showing up 30 pounds fatter than he did last year after coming into camp in stellar shape in 10'......Plain and simple Delmon is not only the worst defensive outfielder in baseball bar none but his situational hitting and discipline at the plate is also the worst in the game. His has the worst strike-out to walk ratio in the game and the worst a player has ever had in the majors in a single season.

Give me Ben Revere in left over a Delmon Young all day and Sunday. Revere has been in the majors for 3 months and Delmon can't carry his J-Strap as far as what a complete MLB ball should be.

Truthfully with all but 3 teams passing on Delmon we were lucky to get a couple of prospects versus the sack of potato's he is worth. And if we resign Kubel the deal is a no-brainer.... gee lets see Revere in left over Delmonty or Kubel- Mauer at DH over Delmon.... LOL... No-Brainer!

Go Twins!

One bad or off year and now we are triple a team. LOL!

grin

LOL. i don't disagree with any of this, BUT if they knew they weren't going to offer him arbitration this winter (and it sounds like they've known this for a long time), you can't tell me that they couldn't have done better in a trade at the deadline before giving him away for a couple of minor league projects.

another classic bill smith move. show your cards early and then act surprised when you get fleeced.

Ya! and Revere is going to be the savior of all. Someone who hits .250, can't throw and who has more errors playing part time than an everyday short stop. Young will probably be the next Ortiz of the Twins. Back to the lake.

Yeah...we need Delmon more than people here believe. Twins have a long way to go if they want to be playoff contenders ever again. Won't be beating the Yankees in the playoffs with scrubs like Nishioka, Revere, Plouffe, Butera, Tosoni, Casilla, and Valencia. You guys can think all you want that we are better off now with Young but I guarantee you that we will pay the price for that trade.

Have to make the playoffs first, if we don't watch out the Royals will pass us. Delmon was no help in a drive towards the play-offs. 7 out of the 8 we put on the field everyday this year aren't either. This has to be killing Sled, Cuddyers awesome and Delmons gone like a fart in the wind.

Have to make the playoffs first, if we don't watch out the Royals will pass us. Delmon was no help in a drive towards the play-offs. 7 out of the 8 we put on the field everyday this year aren't either. This has to be killing Sled, Cuddyers awesome and Delmons gone like a fart in the wind.

...except cuddyer isn't awsome. unless he goes on a big time hitting tear, he will not match the young's 2010 season numbers. you know, that slug we just gave away for nothing who is worthless.

I do agree with ya though that delmon was having a poor season. seems like he's one of those guys who has to play regularly to really get things going but he had too many injuries this year to get the consistent at bats.

Mark Reynolds and Dunn have the worst strike ratio in the big leagues. Delmon is up there but not close to #1 in that spot.

I hope Revere works out I can live with the weak are. IT's not hitting past the pitcher that will kill us.

I just foresee this trade going down as one of the worst trades in the last decade. Just wait, three years from now we will be the laughing stock of the league...why would the Twins trade Young for two scrubs? He will become a David Ortiz type.

Quote it.

You don't get it, sorry. If he becomes another David Ortiz and hits 40+ HRs for another club, shame on HIM. Ortiz did it because he never got the opportunity here to play, for some reason Kelly and Gardy liked Fatty LeCroy better and played him more often than Ortiz. Young had every opportunity in the world here and played on an everyday basis. If he turns out to be a stud (highly unlikely) than it is because of a lack of trying while in a Twins uni.

...except cuddyer isn't awsome. unless he goes on a big time hitting tear, he will not match the young's 2010 season numbers. you know, that slug we just gave away for nothing who is worthless.

Young 2010: Young hit .298, 21 home runs

Cuddyer 2011 (thus far): .295, 18 HRs 3 points behind and 3 HRs behind- he won't match Delmons last year? I bet he will better it.

i don't think he is comparing him to Ortiz like he is gonna start kicking out 40 homers every year, more him becoming a star after he leaves. I know it was just one year but he showed that he could hit 20+ homers and 100+ rbi in a season him leaving mn will probably just jump start him again into the player that can do that. You guys really make me laugh i swear for twins fans you hate half the team players. I wonder if Brewers fans or anyone else talks about how worthless half the players on there teams are.

Cmon zamboni keep going with the stats. Show us other categories like extra base hits, slugging %, and then compare how stats when there are runners on base that need to be driven in. How about ops% with risp? Then tell us how awesome cuddy is at double the salary of the slug that nobody wants.

So he was decent at hitting, but defensively glad to see him go. He seemed let himself go in the offseason and put on quite a bit of weight. My guess is he might do alright the rest of the season only because he has something to prove on the new team. But don't see him being good consistently. We have a lot of fixing to do on this team, I agree as someone else posted it seems like the team favors the laid back softies. We need some more firecrackers.

To say you guys are vastly over-estimating Delmons trade value before during or after the trade deadlines is an understatement to say the least. 2 prospects is about all you could expect in this instance the more you think about it..

Mark Reynolds and Dunn have the worst strike ratio in the big leagues. Delmon is up there but not close to #1 in that spot.