• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

If you had $2k to spend...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a question since assult rifles were brought up and thats the route I would go. Dont you need a handgun permit or something like that?

You need a "permit to purchase". Just go down to your local police (or sheriff's office if you are rural) and ask for the paperwork required for a permit to purchase. No fee for this. Give them the completed forms and in about 10 days or so you'll have a little card that you need to present to the gun dealer when buying an AR or handgun. The card is good for one year and when it expires you do it all over again.

You can also download the forms off the internet to save a trip. MN Permit To Purchase/Transfer .pdf

If you already have a permit to carry it also works as a permit to purchase, but not vice versa. smile

I have shot a .338 Edge at 1100 yards in Idaho. Would absolutely love to blow someones money on that! My question is what type of terrain is he hunting in northen Minnesota to have a 600 yard shot? My only concern when I hear these long range shots, cool as they are and they are COOL, how many follow up to see if they killed the animal? If this is a 600 yard swamp shot is he going to cross the swamp and verify the kill or make the excuses to avoid the walk? Hate to be a buzz kill, but I hear guys taking pot shots across the swamp by me all the time but never see anyone looking for downed game. I would do as others mentioned and look for better stand placement. Now if this is Colorado with good light, bang bang baby!!