• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cuddy

Scott K

If you throw out his injury plagued 2008 season, Cuddyer has put up exceptional numbers 5 of the last 6 seasons. If there is a leader in the clubhouse, it is Michael Cuddyer. He can truely say he goes out there and leaves everything on the field every day. And I as a fan see it and appreciate it.

I would be quite shocked if the Twins didn't re sign him.

I will be shocked too if they don't re sign him. I'm guessing they will be giving him big bucks and three years and when it's all said and done, we will look back and question why they paid him so much.

Good civil debate so far... grin

As one of Cuddyers chief supporters over the years here "understatement". I'm not sure we can do 30-40 million guaranteed then again I was against signing Hunter long term at this approximate age and he proved me wrong and really became a better player after he left here.

He is the only leader on the team, he is a very good PR guy, and everyone on the team likes him. It would be a mistake to let him go. He wants to be here, and I am sure he is willing to take a home town discount, but how big of one, will be determined.

Since 2004, Cuddy has had all of two seasons with 20+ HR and two seasons with more than 85 RBI. Over that span he has hit 131 HR and grounded into 127 double plays.

He's a decent player, but that's all he is. Pretending he's a star who is worth paying 8 figures annually - especially given his age - is silly.

grin

Cuddyer will play his entire career as a Minnesota Twin. You heard it here first. cool

Considering he is the only player on the Board of Directors of the Twins Community Fund.. I tend to agree.

I hope we offer him more years and incentive pay. In fact, I think all of baseball should move towards incentive pay.