• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Perkins (restaurant, not pitcher) Kids starting lineup

LwnmwnMan2

Sunday, Aug 7, against the White Sox, my 9 year old gets to be one of the kids that stands on the field with one of the players while the National Anthem is being sung.

Just trying to find someone that's been through this before for some pointers or thoughts on it.

We're hoping that Nishi is either out of the lineup, or out of the game for that day, so my kid at least has someone that he can say hi to while standing on the field.

My 9 year old is so fired up he's been calling all of his friends and relatives.

This is the week before we were going to stop in Cleveland and catch the Twins game at Progressive on our way to Philadelphia / New York / DC.

That's going to be a day he never forgets. Pretty exciting.

Progressive field is one of our favorite ballparks, hope you enjoy it. If you can, try to save some time to see the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame right down the street. It's worth the effort.

Today is the big day!!

We are trying to keep him grounded this morning, but it's hard.

Should be nice weather (albeit cloudy) and we're setting him up with a Sharpie and a camera so he can take pictures from the field.

Supposedly there's no time for autographs, but just in case the player says anything, you've got to have the kid prepared, right?

Jackhomeplate.jpg

My oldest standing at home plate with the ump and Joe Mauer during the National Anthem. I was busy videoing, the wife snapped this pic of the video screen with the cell phone.

One of the kids didn't show, so the Twins' rep chose my 6 year old to take the place of the kid that didn't show. Caleb ended up in left field with Ben Revere.

They are both still so excited they won't go to sleep!!