• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Is this road trip the end of the season?

SledNeck

didn't you claim the season over back in may? LOL.

Sadly, it seems the season may well have been over in May, though they did make it interesting for a while.

I am still not giving up on teh twinkies. They for sure neeed to get some bats swinging (AKA Justin Morneu). They should maybe explore throwing in Perkins as a starter. Throwing 90's now is crazy for him. Just sit back and see what happens! Go Twins!

I think if they loose this road trip, they sell, and plan for next year, then play the rest of this season, and have fun prepairing for next year. Its part of the game, and we would benefit most from doing it.

I said it was over in May, and stuck with that. The run in June was a mirage fueled by some crazy good starting pitching and temporary surges in production by some unlikely sources.

The Twins need MAJOR upgrades to the bullpen, middle infield and corner OF positions, and significant upgrades to starting pitching before they have any chance at being a legitimate threat.

Sad, but true.

The good news is that they have a very good SP prospect in Gibson, and a couple more very highly rated position prospects (though they're all quite a ways from major-league ready).

Are we seeing the same Nishioka that was the MVP and batting champion in Japan.... Do Japanese pitchers throw nothing but 8o mph fastballs, the dude looks lost at the plate.. hopefully he will get it together, I do understand the whole getting adjusted deal, and that he missed half a season, but man, baseball is baseball, right?

Texas will more than likely sweep us, looking at that lineup and comparing to ours...ouch!

Texas is on a tear.

We're coming off a bad series against a top division rival.

Pitching is down agan.

I certainly won't put money on us winning this series.

Am I going to stop watching though? Am I going to be wearing something other than my twins cap once the game is on? Am I going to stop cheering? That's a big negative.

I was laughing through all of last night's bottom of the 8th inning. LAUGHING. I haven't had as much fun in an inning since we came closer to getting 9 consecutive hits to start a game than I've ever seen before.

Way to go Cuddy, keeping it fun for the fans even in a blowout.

I think some of you guys just need to relax and enjoy baseball for what it is, a darn game. A bunch of grown up kiddos spending 2/3 of a year doing nothing but tossing a ball around and travelling to toss the ball around somewhere else in the country. Sit back, have a brew, and RELAX.

The season isn't done while there are still records to be broken and fun to be had. 600 Thome homers and being the ONLY team to make it to .500 after being 20 games back are still WAY on the table, even if making it to the postseason seems impossible.

162 regular season games per team

a handful of posteason games for a couple teams

one world series

I don't think I have to say which one of the above I spend more time enjoying, and which of the other two are just a novelty like the All Star Game and Home Run Derby.

I think Thome could be the first to go if he gets his bat going. I wouldn't be surprised if he is in a different uniform(Cleveland?) when he gets 600. Contendors can always use a homerun threat off the bench.

Step away from cuddys athletic supporter

LMAO!

Can't say as though I have those intense feelings towards Cuddy, but I can appreciate the entertainment value in what he did last night. The only bright spot in...well the only bright spot.

The last time this happened was '91. That turned out to be a pretty good year.

Yeah even with horrible losses like last night, I will continue to watch them and PRAY they do something to turn things around. Texas is a very good team and showed the Twins just how good last night. Maybe the Twins can squeak out a game from Texas. I say win the last game of the series and take the little momentum the rest of the road trip.