• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Stress Management - When you not fishing.

TruthWalleyes

I love the word SIR for twenty years I dealt with drunks and yahoo's and more than my share of just pain in the a@@ people. An old trick taught to me my a fellow employee was to just refer to everyone in your conversations as SIR. Now the trick is that to me SIR stands for calling them everything I would really like to call them but could not. While they smile away at me as I refer to them as SIR I am really calling them $&$ or @(*#$ it allowed me to keep smiling back and enjoy my own little joke. OF course there is one thing you must never do and tell anyone where you work what SIR means to you. After I left the college I worked at I told a VP that worked there what SIR really meant. He took it in stride and told me he was going to start using SIR to. Thing is SIR only works if only you know what it means.

Stress is a every day event in my field. I have found over the years that there are some things I can do at work and home to keep my stress level under control.

1. Get as much physical activity as possible

2. Get plenty of rest

3. Make sure you have a hobby that you can do alone in a fairly quiet environment (fishing)

4. Take it easy on pop and coffee and drink a lot of water

5. Stretch a few times a day. I carry a lot of stress in my back, shoulders and neck.

6. Take your breaks at work when you get them and walk, stretch do yoga or whatever you can do to relax your body.

7.Talk things out if possible.

8. DO NOT NO MATTER WHAT DRINK PBR! wink

I have noticed as I get older, that I cant handle stress as easy as I used to. Some of the ideas already discussed were great, I liked the SIR one, and the, spend quality alone time with yourself (fishing, hunting). I have had to adjust how I take stress, and I also try to just avoid stressfull situations to begin with. Avoiding caffeine, sugar, and alcohol is a smart thing as well. The old walk away and count to 10 idea is a good one. But most times it requires a bit longer then 10 seconds. If the issue is bothering you, walk away, and deal with it at a different time, if at all possible. Dont take on unnecessary burdens in your life. If it is someone elses responsibility, let them deal with it.

My favorite stress reliefs are going out fishing with just my dog Blue, and myself, or going to the cabin, and starring at the coals of a campfire for endless hours.

For me dealing with stress is dealing with the issues that crop up as best I can as they come up. If I put things off for long and too much stuff builds up I tend to feel pressured. The more I let things pile up the worse the stress gets. Obviously things sometimes build anyway, there are things out of my(our control). In other words taking some action. But there are some times I just need to get away from the things that cause me stress for a little while. All work and no play makes Scott a dull angry boy grin

I found a great stress relief tonight. After a rough day at work and feeling down in the gutter I grabbed my custom shop Sig spc 9mm and put 250 rounds down range, I feel really calm now.
that would have bought a lot of PBR

I say the serenity prayer alot its seems like the only thing other than the outdoor activeitys and HSO fourums that get me thru most any situation. I also try to make light of everything ..Hummor if your laughing you have a hard time being stressed out

Breathe in, breathe out, then follow the technique below

STRESS MANAGEMENT TECHNIQUE

Just in case you are having a rough day, here is a stress management technique recommended in all the latest psychological journals.

The funny thing is that it really does work and will make you smile...

1. Picture yourself lying on your belly on a warm rock that hangs out over a crystal clear stream..

2. Picture yourself with both your hands dangling in the cool running water.

3. Birds are sweetly singing in the cool mountain air.

4. No one knows your secret place.

5. You are in total seclusion from that hectic place called the world.

6. The soothing sound of a gentle water fall fills the air with a cascade of serenity.

7. The water is so clear that you can easily make out the face of the person you are holding underwater.

There!! See? It really does work... You're smiling already. Feel free to forward this if you know others who might benefit from this technique.

And yes this is strictly meant to be funny, not saying go out and drown those who get under your skin. grin

Some times when I feel like my world is caving in and I can't take it anymore, especially at work where it seems like one project after another is piling up and no one is thankful for the last one you just finished. cry

I stop and think about other people around the world that are just trying to find enough to eat so they can make it through another day without getting shot at or blown up. frown

Then I just get my ars back to work and feel just a little bit better! smile

I have been known to crank the tunes up so loud it drowns out all the voices in my head grin

I say the same thing all the time except it drowns out all the voices in my head telling me to kill people, I stopped listening to the dog years ago he was evil wink

Northlander isn't exactially correct, can't fault the dude, tho.

1. Drink PBR

2. Shoot a cat.

3. Drink more PBR

4. Crack some jokes and have fun.

5. PBR helps

6. Shoot more cats

7. Have a PBR

8. Find a project...Resore an old car, build a birdhouse, mow the lawn, etc.

9. Go in the garage and have some PBR

10. Realize it really isn't all that bad.

11. Did I mention having a PBR?