• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

tonight's walk-off

mainbutter

Anyone else spend the whole bottom of the 9th screaming at your TV?

My gf's mom just had shoulder surgery today, and we are spending the night here to wait on her and make sure she has post-op care, but both when Cuddy's hit fell in the field, and of course when Danny made good contact, she was up and yelling at the ball to fall laugh

Great stuff, those are the moments that make baseball the crazy and fun sport it is.

Only baseball can be hours of play that drones on and then gets super exciting for 5 minutes. Great win last night. I had a feeling that Danny would make them pay for going for the DP.

Great base running by Cuddy, no play at the plate. I'll be at the game on Saturday, guess we picked a good series (fingers crossed for no rainout).

Drones on? I thought it was a great game! Great, great pitching by Masterson, and Liriano doing his Houdini act getting out of tight spots. I'd much rather see a taut pitcher's duel than a sloppy 9-7 game any day.

1+ I was at the game last night, and even in the heat was pretty engrossed with every pitch. When Danny's ball finally dropped in the 9th, the crowd went crazy! Took a long time before anyone left the stands. Big, big win!

maybe this loss will cause some angst within the indians clubhouse. perez blows the save, then goes and has a sleepover with the guy who hit the walkoff?

hopefully the indians writers jump all over this and blow it completely out of proportion.

Exciting 9th inning for sure. Apparently, Cuddy was a lot more confident than I was that the Valencia bloop was going to drop! Two more steps by the leftfielder and the game ends with a double play and a Cleveland win. Unless, of course, Mauer scores before Cuddy is doubled up. crazy

My thought exactly. Perez seemed PO'd because the left fielder didn't make a diving attempt...call it the Curse of Delmon!

Yesterday we finally got Directv hooked back up, so it was our first game watched all season versus listening on the radio. I was feeding wires through a wall in the other room, and Mrs. SkunkedAgain kept howling and cheering so I ended up watching the 9th. What an ending. Valencia has shown a lot more than most of the other guys the Twins have brought up.

Drones on? I thought it was a great game! Great, great pitching by Masterson, and Liriano doing his Houdini act getting out of tight spots. I'd much rather see a taut pitcher's duel than a sloppy 9-7 game any day.

I can see your point, Masterson was masterful last night. Liriano continues to walk guys and had a few nifty plays in the field to help him out of jams. I would like to see a pulse from the Twins hitters in innings 1-8. Previous 3 games against Cleveland: only 2 runs in 24 innings of play (1-8), and 5 runs across the 9th over the same 3 games. Let's not play against one of their best strengths, their Bullpen.

Within 24 hours, Valencia comes through again. Funny how it was the same situation with two runners on, they walk Thome to get to Valencia, and he teaches them one more lesson! ....and then there's Nishioka bringing in two more. Nice work salvaging a bad start to the series! Mauer and Nishi 2 for 4 with Casilla going 3 for 4.

Nothing to page... another fantastic late inning at bat for Danny V love the guy. Of course that has nothing to do with Danny V's tough sophomore slump he's going through at the plate, in the field and his poor attitude that he was called on earlier in the year by team leaders in a closed door meeting.

Go Danny!