• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

First base

Scott K

Have we found our new first basemen? Maybe between Justin and Joe, maybe those two can cover first base for most of the year. But then we would have a combine of what, a $40 million dollar position crazy

He looked good tonight! I think he found it a bit more fun than he first thought it might be. Give him a chance to stay healthy for a good half a year and do enough weight training to put back on some of that muscle that has atrophied in the past 12 months. Everyone knows a good swing begins with the legs.

As far as Justin goes, he's likely going to be spending quite a bit of time DHing once Thome puts the bat up on the mantle for good.

it's not like justin was a pile of rocks over there. he's one of the best in baseball at 1st. joe did fine, he's a great athlete. i still think he helps the team out more if they stick him in left field.

Pretty good night for Joe but he is a spendy first baseman. The bat needs to pick it up a bunch.

REALLY?

cause 4 of the top 10 highest paid players in the MLB play first base (add pujols and Prince Fielder to the list soon) and they are all making over 20 mil.

Tex

Helton

Cabrera

Howard

it's not like justin was a pile of rocks over there. he's one of the best in baseball at 1st. joe did fine, he's a great athlete. i still think he helps the team out more if they stick him in left field.

+1. Justin is a pretty darn good 1st baseman when he is healthy. Joe couldn't do any worse in left than Delmon, I saw we test Joe out in left.

It is kind of funny that we can't find a spot on the team for the teams best athelete, and one of the best hitters in the game(when healthy)