• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Please Please Gardy

zamboni

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not all Twins fans. smile

I do get the frustration and we are getting pretty close to having him not be the closer. But Gardy or any manager for that matter doesn't make rash decisions based on current emotions.

42 saves last year isn't chopped liver and up until the last couple games he had been decent after the rocky start. I'm not happy with 4 blown saves "2 are Delmon youngs" either but it just isn't how baseball works. I know that doesn't ya help much tho being the die-hard Twins fan you are... grin

And don't forget the last "Gardy Gardy please" thread in which some of us whined Delmon Young up in the batting order ahead of Cuddy and he "delmonty" went in the tank.

Speaking of which where is/has Coach been????? He was great poster and is missed in here!

I'd prefer Nathan back in the closer role over Perkins although Perk is pitching great at the moment. But either would work for me at this point if there was going to be a change which I think is a reasonable request based on the last 3 debacles.

I think Capps would benefit from some time in the minors, but the way it is now, he wouldnt get much action down there shocked

Really though, Capps will be a closer for the rest of the season, it just may not be with us.

I really never have been a big fan of Capps. Even though he had a lot of saves last year the times I've watched him, even this year, he keeps giving up hits/runs. Capps can't get upset at Gardy for being pulled. First 3 batters last night, HR, single, walk. I can imagine what Gardy said in the dugout after the HR. I think Capps would be great trade bait. Get some good prospects...pitcher, catcher, infielder. This can also trim the payroll. I think Nathan/Perkins would be a good combo.

Gardy has done a good job, since Saturday, of keeping Capps on a short leash. For now at least, ya gotta keep putting him in there, just keep Perk warmed up in case...

Never been the biggest Capps fan either (though I don't hate him) it wouldn't bother be at all if there were some role changes. To release him however is a bit drastic with an already stinky bullpen. Gardy is big on his bullpen having defined roles, so we will see.

the guy had one good season last year and the others average to sub par, year before last 5.08 ERA year before that 3 something with like 17 saves, he is an average closer at best, he was having a good year last year and we bought into it, this year he is doing what he does some games he dominates others he gets dominated.