• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Largest walleye this season?

Chris Haley

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Opener was my day too. I caught a 6lb 2oz 26" walleye at about 3:00am on that sat. It was a blast bringing that eye to the boat in the dark. It was a beautiful one too. It had great color and was really a healthy fish. Hopefully I can catch her again this winter and maybe she gained a inch? tongue.gif
I also caught one out of state too, I was in Sask. CANADA. That eye was a strong 26" too. Also let her fight another day.
Hopefully this winter I can break that 26" mark before this year ends or maybe even start the new year out with nice one.

------------------
Fish ON!

4 for me this year over the 10 mark with the biggest being a 31.5 incher (OK, a couple were from just a short drive over the border.) But none brought me as much joy as the two biggest that my 8 year old daughter pulled in this summer in MN. One was a 26 incher out of US side of rainy on a crankbait and the other was a fatter 26.5 incher she jigged up all by herself later this fall on Gull. All released.
ccarlson

This last year late on Mille Lacs was the last big ones I got. Too much work, too little fishing this summer. My buddies ice house on Mille Lacs has a running bet for biggest Walleye every year. We pulled up countless 20-24" throughout the winter and then I got my 26 1/2" pig. Next day he pulled up a 27 1/2". My personal biggest walleye came out of nowhere else but Lake Harriet in Mpls. 27" 5 years ago. I want to break that barrier this winter!!!

27 3/4" on Milleacs mud flat. I only measured and released did not actually weight. This pig did have a nice big girth so I am putting it in the 8lb plus class. My fishing partner topped the 28" mark this fall and this one was a football.

My biggest this season was a 28.5" Cass ALke eye. Have caught several between 25 and 28" on the local lakes.

------------------
I bad day of fishing??? I honestly don't know what you're talking about!

My personal best was last February up at LOW. It was -55 degrees with the windchill and our bomber driver thought that it might be kind of slow due to the coldfront that had moved in. The only slow time we had was after 6:00, then it was Pout time. Anyways, I didn't have a scale but it measured 28" and very girthy. This was a fun fish to pull in on my rattle reels hand over hand. It was just a little tough to get that head coming up the hole with 54" of ice. I'll be back there in 2.5 weeks to begin the walleye hunt again on LOW. Man do I love that lake!

quote:

My largest came 12/6/03, it was a 31" 13lb 5 oz greenback from the upper Red River in Selkirk, Manitoba. It's going to the taxidermist tonight.

Fisherdog

That's awesome! I was up there last fall and caught a 9 pounder. It was the only time I've ever gone up there, and I was disappointed. Before going I heard so many stories of 15lbs+ eyes that I had hoped to, at the very least, see someone catch one. Turns out the biggest fish I saw all week was the 9lb'er I caught.

I'd love to get up there again sometime though. Are the walleyes pretty consistent thru the ice up there?

------------------
Wade

My biggest this year was only 10#. Last year we got a 10-11-13# 33". These all out of the Red Lake River in Crookston below the dam.

Hitting the ice now...

Sharpen the auger blades and hang on.............

------------------
Wiskers Guiding Service
Red River & Minnesota River,for Channel Cats, Flatheads & Walleyes
Crookston, MN
[email protected]

218-280-0442

I think the fish stay in the area until sometime around Christmas and then it slows down. I was told they then move back out into Lake Winnipeg. The fishing isn't fast and furious, but you have a legitimate chance at catching a 15 pounder. We had a group of four people and other than the one I caught, ther were only 3 small saugers icec. I did lose another monster trying to get it up the hole, we think it may have been larger than the one I had iced. I was lucky to have been fishing with a local river rat, he put us on some fish. We also marked many fish but couldn't get them to bite.

Fisherdog