• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Who had to change their plans?

If I was from out of state and showed up here for a fishing vacation only to find they wouldnt sell me a license I would have gone fishing without one. It is complete [PoorWordUsage] for them to even think about issuing a citation when the sales are shut down by a bunch off asshats.

My thoughts exactly. Absolutely no reason to shut down one end of the law and leave the other end open.

I'm still hoping we don't have to change our plans. Have a family vacation planned for August 6th-13th on Big Pine (Perham), but unfortunately won't be making the trip if we can't buy a fishing license. Hadn't really heard much prior and didn't get a head's up from the resort or we certainly would have bought our licenses in June.

My fingers are crossed, we've been making this trip from Iowa for many years now and it will be a real bummer if we have to miss it this year.

I'm still hoping we don't have to change our plans. Have a family vacation planned for August 6th-13th on Big Pine (Perham), but unfortunately won't be making the trip if we can't buy a fishing license. Hadn't really heard much prior and didn't get a head's up from the resort or we certainly would have bought our licenses in June.

My fingers are crossed, we've been making this trip from Iowa for many years now and it will be a real bummer if we have to miss it this year.

Don't cancel your plans. The CO's are being very understanding for those that were unable to purchase a license. IF you get stopped (and thats a BIG IF) by one just say why you don't have one and they will either give you a warning and ask you to quit fishing or require you to purchase one when the shutdown ends. Haven't heard of anyone getting hassled because they were unable to purchase one.

Have a friend from Indiana was up last week. He really didn't know about the shutdown. After finding out he couldn't buy a license decided to fish without. Was check by a CO on the water. After explaining his situation was issued a warning only and allowed to fish.

Looks like maybe things are breaking here based on very recent news reports and it may be over in a few days. I'm not really willing to take the chance with my boat and belongings of running into an understanding CO, so hopefully won't have to worry about it and can come up and enjoy my week. Fingers crossed!!