• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Who had to change their plans?

We have reservations in Isle for Isle Days next weekend, my parents live up there - I guess we'll be looking for vacancy at a county park instead and not head up there. We've gone every year since they moved up there, we could camp in their yard - but it's way too much togetherness....

My brother works at a hardware store in a small town and a person came in to get a license . He told them that all state parks were closed and they have 45 people coming from out of state. They where going to Itasca and did not know that state parks were closed. They had reservations but what that is going get them . I work for a company that if the power in the front office can't run the stuff, they would be fired on the spot . I guess that's not the way it works in the GOVERNMENT!!!!! I have lost my job for less

You would think the parks would have sent an email out telling people. That would have the right thing to do. I would hope resort owners would have contacted people about buying their license before the shut down.

Got this June 25th from the place we will be staying mid July.

Echo Shores Resort Guests-

I just wanted to pass this information along to you, so that you are aware of it. If the Minnesota government has a shut down, it will occur starting July 1st 2011, which then you will be unable to get a MN fishing license. If they shut down, we are unsure as to how long the shut down could last?? Please see the information below, along with the link to the MN DNR HSOforum...where you can go to obtain your MN fishing license online or by telephone (see below) and have any other questions answered. Hopefully this shut down doesn't occur...but....if it does, we just wanted to prepare you ahead of time by giving you a head's up regarding fishing licenses and how to obtain them. You would need to contact the MN DNR prior to July 1st. Please let us know if you have any other questions, and we will do our best to answer them. Sorry, in advance, for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thanks!!.....Amy

We got the same email from the park, to it wasn't a surprise for us, still a bummer though, there really aren't any options as far as tent camping it, and even if there were it probably would have been too late to get in at another campground....

Hum, how could 45 people not get the message? I little fishy IMO.

Thinking the same thing. You would think atleast one of those people would have heard about the entire state shutting down. It isn't just on the local news. And atleast for the last month every page on the DNR site had information about the potential shutdown. And I don't know about everyone else but when I'm getting ready for a trip I search the websites of the places and surrounding area I'm going to see if there is anything interesting to see or happening while I'm there.

I say Bee eSss on the 45 people!

Drove though our city campground yesterday, about half the sites where open(tent and trailer), by no means a state campground but you would have 2 playgrounds within walking distance of the campground, a creek that is stocked yearly,(this year with sunfish and crappies, the kids have a blast with) and a couple mile bike trail.

Is there a certain date that they have set to start the government back up or is it all up to getting a budget put together. A couple friends and I are planning on coming up the first weekend in August and wondering if they will be able to buy a license.

If I heard right, the email was sent out at noon on June 30th, many people from out of state were already on the road at that time. Sure they should have watched the news and heard about the shutdown but many didn't and were suprised.

Is there a certain date that they have set to start the government back up or is it all up to getting a budget put together. A couple friends and I are planning on coming up the first weekend in August and wondering if they will be able to buy a license.

No date, Governor Dayton and all the others took the weekend off.

No date, Governor Dayton and all the others took the weekend off.

Time is not an issue when you're a government official that's still getting paid

btw.. may i direct those whom are looking for places to camp to maybe look into Moon's Camping Guide Minnesota.. great book with a ton of info on campgrounds.. some are state parks.. but they list just as many if not more private/city campgrounds as well

This is pretty sad especially when you have the 4th holiday and many people coming from out of state. This will be a big loss of revenue if they don't get this thing fixed quick, bad black eye for MN. Something this major could put a bad taste in peoples mouths and decide to go somewhere else for vacationing in the future. We weren't orignally going to make our several annual trips this year but a week opened up for us in 2 weeks. If it doesnt get resolved it looks I will be heading to WI so I can actually fish. Bad deal all around, hopefully some pressure from businesses across the state will be calling and emailing to voice their frustration and lost revenue.

Those that had any indication that this may happen, especially those that follow the forums here (no less than 20 Different Topics on Mn Government Shutdown) should have been proactive and if they did not have a license and did so before July 1st. It is really sad for those from out of state that did not follow the news of what was happening in the state. I feel really bad for them. If you were staying at a resort I would have thought that the resort owner or management would have contacted their clients to let them know so they could have purchased licenses if needed. Again I feel sorry for all of those that were not informed and have to change plans.

Mike

If I was from out of state and showed up here for a fishing vacation only to find they wouldnt sell me a license I would have gone fishing without one. It is complete [PoorWordUsage] for them to even think about issuing a citation when the sales are shut down by a bunch of......