• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Need help with itunes

cnet website>search then download DupeRAZOR in Windows Downloads>Install>Search iTunes music folder>scan>auto select for delete (review list if you would like)>delete to either trash bin or perm delete>dups gone. wink

Itunes has a built-in duplicate file finder. If it is just the library that has duplicates (probably) and there aren't actually 2 copies of the file, just delete everything in your library, but keep the files (don't send them to the Recycle Bin when asked). Then re-ad everything back in by selecting "Ad Files to Library from Folder".

Good point SC.

This is one of the reasons I just reinstall iTunes for iOS updates and remove right after, with selecting not to import media during the install. I never felt having two copies of media on the same drive/partition served any purpose when I have a copy of my Windows library backed up. Been using Media Monkey instead and really like this light weight alternative.

I have been using DupRazor for clearing dups on storage areas over 2T's and it has been working pretty darn good, but if there is no need to install a program all the better.

I also have an Itunes question. The kids have Itunes installed on our C: drive, which is almost full and Itunes is a memory hog. Itunes is also installed on the G: drive of our computer, which is a much larger drive that I added several months ago. Is there a way to uninstall the C: drive version of Itunes without causing issues with the G: drive version or is it best to do a full delete and reinstall?

Where iTunes is installed is less important than where all your music, apps, and video are stored. Itunes itself takes up little room, but all of the media (music, apps, and video) is what is taking up the room. I'm not sure it will let you install it more than once, so maybe you are confusing your iTunes library location with the iTunes install location?