• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Deer License Applications Due June 8th

Deer Gun Applications Due June 8

North Dakota deer hunters are reminded the deadline for submitting applications for the 2011 gun season is June 8. Hunters are encouraged to apply online at the State Game and Fish Department HSOforum, http://www.gf.nd.gov.

The deadline applies to muzzleloader, regular gun, gratis and nonresident landowner, and youth antlered mule deer applications (specifically for antlered mule deer in units 3B1, 3B2, and 4A-4F).

The deadline for regular statewide youth licenses is Sept. 1. In addition, the deadline for submitting an antlerless white-tailed deer gun application for ages 12 and 13 is Sept. 1. Hunters are reminded that completion of a hunter education course is required before applying.

Hunters who choose not to apply online can print out an application to mail at the Game and Fish Department HSOforum. Applications are also accepted by calling (800) 406-6409, and paper forms are available at county auditors, license vendors and Game and Fish offices.

Anyone mailing applications to the Game and Fish Department is advised to mail early because some post offices use the following day’s postmark for mail received after regular hours. The department’s online application feature will be deactivated June 8 at midnight.

Hopefully due to a lack of interest. Gives me a better chance at one of those coveted NR tags.

I might guess with the downturn in the herd size and the poor economy, the tags apps are not going like hot cakes.

For the first time in 24 years, I applied for a rifle buck that which my choice was buck then doe.

My muzzleloader tag was doe-doe. Hoping that increases my odds.

I still will have my archery tag for a buck.

I do not like paying $200 for a doe tag for rifle or muzzleloader but that about the only way to get a tag now with the numbers down like they are.