• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

It Has Begun!

Jackpine Rob

I'm far from ready to jump on the bandwagon. But I am semi-excited to see them play again. Good timing too, since we're headed to the game on Thursday. Keep it up Twins!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to see the Twins stray away from their normal drafting technique of drafting speedy high school hitters and college pitchers who pitch to contact, by going with the switch hitting SS from UNC. Levi Michael is his name and scouting reports say he is the type of guy who is going to move thru the minor league system fast. Nice to see the Twins address the need at middle infield too. ESPN has him at the top SS in the draft too. Hopefully the Twins can get him to sign

UPDATE: with the Twins 6th round pick, they took Ivan (pudge) Rodriguez's son. Wow. I didn't know pudge was that old!!

yeah I like how the Twins went after something a little different this year. Levi looks promising but he has had an ankle injury this year and it has limited his range in the field. Another thing is that he has at best an average arm, which makes me think that he could move over to the second base position and be dynamite. Time will tell!

Thursday's game at home will be a BIG test for us to keep this streak of "better" baseball going. The Rangers are one of the best teams in baseball IMO.

Back to being a good team to watch lately. Let's keep it rolling. Need some of these key guys back from injury, so we can take the load off of the younger guys. Some of these guys have really stepped up the last week or two. Great to see!

Feel like we had a long Yankee hangover, pretty hard to expect much from the Minor leaguers when our MVP's and the guys these guys would look up to are floundering, once they got over the MLB shell shock they're getting comfortable, not pressing so much, enjoying their jobs and hanging in there, it wasn't so many years back contraction with the Tampa Bay rays was the headline so I'll love em always, there here and that roster doesn't make headlines in bad ways, easy to pull for them and forget what there salary is, except Mauer's. If he would've signed with like the NYY what would those fans be chanting by now ? Cmon Joe, get your rubber legs back here.

What about Justin and his sore wrist.....I have to work 5 days a week sometimes 12 hours a day and if I have a problem I either suck it up or don't get paid.....man up and play the game.

On the bright side they have been playing well lately but I still don't think they will make a run at the championship they should at least be able to make it interesting.

What about Justin and his sore wrist.....I have to work 5 days a week sometimes 12 hours a day and if I have a problem I either suck it up or don't get paid.....man up and play the game.

Sometimes baseball players are treated like they are made of glass, but he IS getting his wrist IMMOBILIZED FOR TEN DAYS. It's not like he's just taking a break and sitting on the couch watching cartoons just cuz of a little pain that can be taken care of with ibuprofen. If they feel his wrist needs to be immobilized for a week and a half, I don't think he should be batting.

he was also told to go on the DL a week or two ago and refused said he would be fine, its not like he had a little ache and cried to go on. The guy is beat up from head to toe and his numbers are showing it, he needs to sit out a few weeks and get healthy.

They have been playing well as of late but it's a long road to win the Division.

I see second at best and probably third.

I hope I am wrong but they have too many iffy players and many that need to get healthy very soon to make a run at it.

Nishi coming back today? How 'bout that big money guy, is he coming back soon? Gladden torched him yesterday on the FAN. With some starters returning, I feel like we may be able to keep the momentum going and keep chipping away. Without them, I think the hot players will eventually cool off and we are back to .400 baseball.

Not going to fault Morneau, he needs to rest so that he can come back and help the team again.

I placed my bet (against myself) at 94 games. "Changing" bets after results are partially in is for pansies.

"94 is impossible" you say? Pshaw :P

I not only was on the bandwagon before it a bandwagon existed, but I built my own out of wood that I harvested and ore that I mined and smelted into iron.

8.5 Games behind! And it's not really that much of a stretch to say the Twinks might be back in first place by the All-Star break, ok, it's somewhat of a stretch...... but not really. wink

They were 16.5 games back only 15 days ago. crazy

I am always on the Twins bandwagon. I think they have a shot of turning everything around and possibly doing something good with the season that everyone proclaimed as a lost season. Lots of games at home, and some guys returning. I really hope they can keep this roll going and keep looking like the Twins from last year.

90+ games left in the season. It won't be easy, but they still have a shot at the playoffs. The Twins will have to continue to play well...... and the Tigers and Indians will have to play worst

It is fun watching all the no names getting it done. Give Mauer a couple weeks to get it together or put him back on the DL and let the kids play. Starting pitching has been outstanding lately too. Bullpen still needs some work.