• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sufix 832

I just posted on the catfish forum about this too. I put 80 lb. 832 on a couple of reels this spring. I was casting a practice plug off the dock to get everything ready and the green color in the 832 ran quite badly. There were green water droplets all over and it was on my fingers. Anybody else notice this?

I think he's referring to the color running; which I've seen in pretty much every heavy braided line that I've run (especially my stren superbraid). I've got the stren on 4 rigs now (and don't plan on pulling it), but going to give the 832 a shot on my new winch. I've been using it on my walleye jigging setup and really like it there, so hoping I'll like the 80 as well. I'm looking forward to the line not picking up so much water.

I had green hands after using regular Sufix braid last year the first few times out. Worst I've seen for excess coloring/coating coming off initially - other than that I like the line overall.

Is it worse than Power Pro? I just spooled up my new TE with this stuff and don't want it to turn green!

I had about the same color runoff with PP and Sufix Performance Braid. The Sufix may have been a bit more, but it seemed to wear off faster. The PP still seems to leak a little.

I'd have to assume 832 will be about the same.

Green Fireline braid is currently the worse color bleeder currently for me, gives me the green thumb and green everywhere I touch. I've been using 832 braid on several other baitcasters and haven't noticed any color bleed or coating shed. One reel has been used exclusively for 6 outings of around 4-6 hours straight casting and retrieving constantly. It might be the batch of line. I also never encountered any of the color bleed or skin shed in Sufix Performance braid. However I'm pretty selective when I buy that stuff to make sure I don't get the heavy coated line batch. Seen some stuff that looked like waxed dental floss.

It bleeds green at first then subsides a lil.i like the water repelent aspect of it.my thumbs turned green but it seems to be pretty good over all.my buddy cut the heck out of his thumb on the 80#.it seemed to be a lil sharper than most other "super lines". I cut myself too tryin to undo one of my signature back-lashes.I think ill go back to cortland next time tho.

For the money you spend on 832 it better tie it's own knots. The name makes me think on an old Firestone tire.

It shouldn't cost you any more than any other braid you buy (except PowerPro, which has always been a few bucks cheaper).