• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Where is "That guy?"

Eric Wettschreck

ben revere is a flash in the pan. trade him now while his value is high. notice how the opposing outfielders are starting to play really shallow on him and catch some of his lazy line drive would be singles. he's only got enough to hit it over their head once a month.

no power, noodle arm, terrible on base percentage = bad

Revere is a flash in the pan? I dont see how you could make that assumption based his age and experience

"that guy" is not Mauer, that is for sure. The guy is 28 years old and plays and is treated like he's 40. When he plays 3 games in a row it is a surprise, give me a break he plays a game for 3 hours a day. Most legion baseball catchers are more durable than Mauer. He jogs out his uncountable number of infield grounders and plays the game very casually. When is the last time he got a double? One that was actually driven and not just a slap down the left field line? Not really special defensively as a catcher; sure he's good but pretty much all big league catchers are. Get him in a position that he can play every day and not be able to play the "beat up" card endlessly. $23 million for a guy that will get you 7-10 singles and 1 XBH a week. Rant over...

"that guy" is not Mauer, that is for sure. The guy is 28 years old and plays and is treated like he's 40. When he plays 3 games in a row it is a surprise, give me a break he plays a game for 3 hours a day. Most legion baseball catchers are more durable than Mauer. He jogs out his uncountable number of infield grounders and plays the game very casually. When is the last time he got a double? One that was actually driven and not just a slap down the left field line? Not really special defensively as a catcher; sure he's good but pretty much all big league catchers are. Get him in a position that he can play every day and not be able to play the "beat up" card endlessly. $23 million for a guy that will get you 7-10 singles and 1 XBH a week. Rant over...

Well I agree with you he is a singles hitter, and that is it. I am starting to wonder if Thome could beat him in a foot race. Nice guy to have on the team but nothing a to much higher than an average player in my mind.