• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ITS OFFICIAL= SEASON IS OVER

SledNeck

The Twins have stunk it up since day 1.

Morneau is done, maybe afraid he will get hit again.

Mauer, DH at best and that would still be a huge question. The dude may stub his toe and be out for another month.

Thome was cold before his injury and our new 2nd baseman was not so hot even before his injury,

The Twins need pitching bad and the rest have no desire to win.

They are lifelss and can only hope they do not finish at the bottom.

Who could possibly bring this team back??????

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm seeing so many similarities between the Vikings season last fall, and the Twins season this spring.....NOTHING is going right. If something could happen bad....it IS. Gotta get people healthy, keep swinging, and take our frustrations out on other teams. While I have my doubts about us challenging for the play-offs....I Do think we can make it tough for others ahead of us. Any team that plays us NOW has a huge advantage, over the ones that play us LATER in the year.

I think we have finally seen the end of young players scouted and drafted through Terry Ryan's system. Our minor league teams have been terrible recently. In years past, a star would go down with an injury and a new young guy would come up and fill the spot without a huge dropoff in production. The minor league additions to this years team have all failed.

I think we have finally seen the end of young players scouted and drafted through Terry Ryan's system. Our minor league teams have been terrible recently. In years past, a star would go down with an injury and a new young guy would come up and fill the spot without a huge dropoff in production. The minor league additions to this years team have all failed.

And this is exactly we why we are in for a lot more than one bad year! There isn't a lot of hope coming from the minor league system.

There's no heart or fire in these guys.

This is where I completely disagree. See Pavano takeing on the dugout with a baseball bat? I guarantee you these guys care more than anyone else in MLB about making fans happy, wanting to provide wins and more.

The mechanics of the game are just not coming together for a number of individuals, and pitching is just having too many issues. Last year we coasted on some of the biggest hitting early in the season, this year the hitting is failing at the same time that the pitching is giving up 5+ runs regularly.

You can care more than anyone else, try harder, want it more, and still fail.

Our minor league teams have been terrible recently

You are right on. Last year, both AAA Rochester and AA New Britain finished dead last in their respective leagues. The minor league talent just isn't there for us. We have some good prospects in our system, but most of them are still a few years out. Maybe with our pitching needs we will be seeing Kyle Gibson by next year. Considering how dominant he has been in the minors, I think he will be on our 40 man roster by 2012.

I can't wait for Miguel Sano to get up to the majors. Too bad he is only 19 years old and is in the Rookie league this yr. He is considered one of the best hitting prospects ever out of the Dominican Republic. He is our 3B of the future.

I also can't wait for Aaron Hicks to get up to the bigs. However, he is only in Single A right now and he is still a few years away.

He was our 3rd baseman of the future but since he is now our 3rd baseman of the present he's no longer be our 3rd basement of the future, we need someone else for that.

Here is my take....the stars have aligned for the worse for us. In order to win a division and a world series, you have to have the stars aligned for the better. A perfect example- when we were playing the Yanks, I watched Posada on a 2-2 pitch check his swing on a breaking ball in the dirt. Ball 3. The other day I was watched the same exact pitch and he didnt quite check in time. Strike 3.

We just dont have mojo this year. Mauer is dinged, Mourny is taking a little longer to get back to his normal self, some other injuries and some just bad luck. This team has talent and any who says they dont is dreaming. they have 2 MVPs and what, 3 others (Cuddy, Kubel, Young) who have driven in over a 100 runs in the last couple years? no team other than the Yanks or Red Sox has much more talent that we do, but the mojo is just gone. Can we turn it around? I dunno, but at the major league level, the cupboard is not bare. On the minor league level, I agree. I am not hearing much about our depth in the minors. so this is where bill smith has to excel and earn his money. he needs to make shrewd moves.

cody - kubel, cuddy, and young each have exactly one year apiece where they've had 100 + rbi's. Not exactly murderers row here.

Don't feel bad though; I have read or heard many people mistakenly say cuddy for example is good for 25 homers and 100 rbi's every year when in reality those numbers have been beyond his reach nearly every year of his career.

That's good news, I'm sure Gardy will be happy to hear those 31 losses don't matter and the team has a fresh slate after the ASB. They may not seem to matter with 2/3 of the season remaining but after two game 163's, every win matters. Not so much this season, but in a normal year when they're not the worst team in MLB.

I held out hope till just recently. If we could just get past the 8th inning without giving up any more runs...well, obviously we can't. 15 games back is just too much to hope for with the team on the field now.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still a Twins fan and always will be. I'll still go to as many games as I can and watch the rest when possible. I'll still root for them no matter how bad they are, he11, I was a fan in the 80's when they REALLY sucked. But come back from this? Not gonna happen.

Was nice to see Mr. Thome back in the lineup though huh?