• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ITS OFFICIAL= SEASON IS OVER

SledNeck

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

relax, just enjoy the game. don't take this sports cr@p to seriously. Will they make the playoffs, I would guess not, but what the heck, my life won't change either way.

Sledneck must be a Queens fan so it is very easy to give up this early in the season. Go Twins, still ALOT of season left to play anything can happen..

I want to have a bet with this guy!

The season is over, accept it. We have the most pathetic lineup in the majors, if you remove Kubel we would have the worst offense in the history of the world.

Now it's time for the biased "we are going to win the central" Twins fans to attack!

There's no heart or fire in these guys. Stick a fork in them. I'll still watch them and listen to the game in the boat (nothing like listening to the game while trolling around)but I hate to say I agree, they are done.

I agree with Brian about Kubel, he has been a great surprise, both at the dish and out in the field. Didn't think I would ever say Kubels defense is stellar, but it has been so far. He has flashed some great leather and shown off an arm I didn't know existed gunning down a few guys trying to get an extra base off him. Morneau would be the best trade bait right now, let Cuddy play first

I'm not ready to throw in towel quite yet; however, things are going to have to turn around quickly and seriously. The A L Central is not strong so you never know if everyone can get healthy (might be asking a lot though.) I do think this season will go a long ways in showing what kind of a skipper Gardenhire really is. He's not had too many challenges in his managerial career like this season.

People may be quick to suggest they trade some of the high paid talent but the way they are performing it's doubtful anyone is going to want take on their contract. We know Mauer would never be traded and with his contract and health status, nobody would be interested. Morneau and Nathan are next for contract sizes and nobody is going to want them as there are health and performance issues.

Next there's Cuddyer. The player who finally today got his first base hit of the season that lead to another player scoring a run. He with the distinction of not only requiring the most at bats in all of mlb this year to record his first rbi but also the current mlb leader in fewest rbi's amongst regular starters (100 at bat minimum). Nobody wants his contract.

Then Pavano. His performance this year has been dismal although if he turns things around to respectable, I could see him being an interest to contending teams late in the season if our Twins are toast.

Capps I suppose could possibly be in the same boat as Pavano if a contender has an injury. The advantage of being a pitcher.

After that you've got a bunch of guys who really don't have salaries that are much of a concern to the point you really don't want to get rid of them but suppose those would be the guys other teams would want. Kubel, Valencia, Young and about any of the pitchers are possibilities.

As much as I want to agree with Sled I am secretly hoping that we get everyone back and they stay healthy. This way we much a strong run in the second half and with half the team just getting warmed up, we make a run in the playoffs that leads to a world series win.

A guy can always hope........ wink

There will be a MAJOR fire sale this year for the Twins...they will be selling, not buying. It may not come until right before the trade deadline but it WILL happen.

i dont want to agree with you but unless things turn around i think its gonna happen, i think they are hoping franky will turn it around just to help his trade value now

At least in the boat you have the option to turn the station.....and the way they have been playing I'm not sure what is more depressing listening to John Gordon or a country station.

"At least in the boat you have the option to turn the station"...or jump out of the boat and end it all. Not my usual optomistic, if not unrealistic self, but I heard on the radio yesterday that if the Twins need to win 90 games to get into the playoff, they would need to win something like three out of every four games the rest of the way. Years ago they used to say you can't win the division in April, but you can loose it.

As far as the fire sale, I doubt it will happen. The Twins think they have the talent. They just need to stay healthy. How many games have they had the starting lineup they wanted our of spring training? Kind of sickening listening to the post game show on the radio Sunday. Everyone wants to fire everyone and start over. Do you really want to become the Kansas City Royals, or the Twins of the early '80's?

Who exactly do you see the Twins selling? I for sure don't see Mauer or Morneau going anywhere. I could see Pavano possibly getting tossed into trade talks to a contender but no one is going to want him the way he is pitching this year. If he pitches like he did last year, some teams might want him but he doesn't come cheap (new contract this yr). Cuddyer, possibly but I don't think anyone is going to want to give up prospects for a month or two of Cuddyer, especially considering his price tag and production. No way the Twins are giving up on Nishioka this early, especially considering our middle infield woahs. I have a really hard time believing the Twins would let go of Kubel or Thome. Liriano, maybe could see them shopping him but I doubt anyone will bite the hook with the way he has played this year. Span is our CF of the future and I don't see him going anywhere or anyone really having much interest in a player like that. The only person I could really see having a legit chance of a contender wanting is Capps if there is somebody out there looking to add a arm to the back end of the pen.

I certainly don't see enough sellable players to justify the "firesale" classification

As far as the fire sale, I doubt it will happen. The Twins think they have the talent. They just need to stay healthy.

There is the key word, they THINK they have the talent. They don't. Big whoop they keep winning one of the worst divisions in all of baseball, they shouldn't even show up for the playoffs, unless they sign some major talent, they won't go anywhere.

As much as I want to agree with Sled I am secretly hoping that we get everyone back and they stay healthy. This way we much a strong run in the second half and with half the team just getting warmed up, we make a run in the playoffs that leads to a world series win.

A guy can always hope........ wink

May your birthday wish COME TRUE! gringrin

Who exactly do you see the Twins selling? I for sure don't see Mauer or Morneau going anywhere. I could see Pavano possibly getting tossed into trade talks to a contender but no one is going to want him the way he is pitching this year. If he pitches like he did last year, some teams might want him but he doesn't come cheap (new contract this yr). Cuddyer, possibly but I don't think anyone is going to want to give up prospects for a month or two of Cuddyer, especially considering his price tag and production. No way the Twins are giving up on Nishioka this early, especially considering our middle infield woahs. I have a really hard time believing the Twins would let go of Kubel or Thome. Liriano, maybe could see them shopping him but I doubt anyone will bite the hook with the way he has played this year. Span is our CF of the future and I don't see him going anywhere or anyone really having much interest in a player like that. The only person I could really see having a legit chance of a contender wanting is Capps if there is somebody out there looking to add a arm to the back end of the pen.

I certainly don't see enough sellable players to justify the "firesale" classification

We'll have to wait and see. IMO, everyone except Mauer (no trade clause) is a viable candidate to be playing their last season as a Twin.

We'll have to wait and see. IMO, everyone except Mauer (no trade clause) is a viable candidate to be playing their last season as a Twin.

I couldn't disagree more. Well, besides Cuddy. This is his last season as a Twin, unless he is willing to take a HUGE pay cut. And there is no way the Twins will ever trade Morneau, Kubel, Span, Valencia, or Nishioka this year. They have invested way too much time and money into these guys to give up on them after 1 bad season

I will never give up our Twins and I do not think management will either.

I sat through the 60 win seasons in the eighties with my Dad and low and behold how soon we forget '87 & '91.

Didn't we go from last to first in back to back years?

Who could have guessed the following would spend time on the DL in the 1st 30 games?

Joe Mauer

Justin Morneau

Yoshi Nishioka

Delmon Young

Jim Thome

amoung other youngens they just brought up.

I am hanging in there and do not think there will be whole sale changes.

If we have wholesale changes, who are we getting? Our whole farm system is in the majors right now and that is panning out well....right?

Wholesale changes mean starting over, think they want to do that? What would our homeboy Joe think when he is pushing 30 and we are now again 4-5 years away?

Can you say Welcome to the Bronx Joe Mauer!

Rather see 1 bad year, then the next 4-5 being bad.

Now I'm ready to say the season is over. What kinda ball do they have to play the rest of the season to get win the division this many games back? Something like .700 and the Indians have to play .500? I don't know. They have way too many holes, its not just bad luck or injuries, they are terrible everywhere except Kubel.