• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Opener!!!! So where is everyone heading?

Boy this year may have some cold water and maybe even ice still if this weather pattern continues. We are thinking we may try Namakagon this year (1st for us). Anyone ever try it? Tips? What are others plans for opener? Little more than 3 weeks away. Hope we can get out

"It is true, water is down already on the flowage"

Dang, I hope its not too low already. I have a feeling its gonna be a good opener with the late spring. The eyes are probably gonna be concentrated...unless the waters too low then who knows.

18 days til opener and still ice fishing... i highly doubt it that we will be ice free for opener but if we are the water will be cold and the walleyes probably will still be in the spawn stages and as for the Minong it should be fishable being that they are not starting the draw down until the end of April so it wont go down that fast so you could'nt fish opener

I can't even get my boat out of storage yet. For the opener I HOPE that I can at least have the boat in the driveway and get my new i-Pilot on and the usual spring stuff that's done annually. At least I refilled the L/U and winterized the gas and motor. Should just need to reload the boat, check the trailer bearing grease, and put the new troller on. But I'm sure the God's are not smiling on us, so I'm sure there will be more in store for the boat.

Looks like we will be hitting the Spooner Hayward area for the opener. Hoping to get on chip, otherwise word is that most smaller lakes are open. Hoping lakes around here open up by end of weekend or sooner! What are your plans??

I drove to hayward from Barnes I looked at Nelson, Smith,Bony, Midlle Eau Claire none are open. Only lake Hayward was open I checked ellison lake north of Barnes it was froze as well. As of Mon the clunk was still above the ice in Cumberland.

Mwal