• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ghost Stories.................

Walleyenator

Years ago, during a bumpy period in life, I moved into the rec room at my sisters house and set up shop. It was only temporary until I could rebound. It was O.K. and I settled in.

Immediately, I thought dang, my sister and her kids sure make alot of racket up there?
Come to find out it was'nt them! She told me that she thought the house was haunted and that they heard weird stuff all the time.

I thought to myself, "Self, this is a fine time to tell me her house is haunted, AFTER I move in!"

Well, it did'nt take long for the entity to start messing with me...I'd latch the hook lock on the door at night and it would be unlatched in the morning when I woke up...sometimes the door would be open also.

There would be stuff knocked on to the floor, or the bed would be all messed up...always some little deal?

One night I had a friend stay over and the next morning we awoke, sweating and gasping for breath....The first thing I thought about was that the house was on fire and it was taking all the oxygen, we raced upstairs, gasping and flung open the front door and the back door...I noticed that my sister had opened the windows a bit the night before, to let some cool night air in, but it was'nt working? We caught our breath, rushed back downstairs, got what we needed and vamoosed! I stayed at my friends place for awhile!

During that time, my sister had one of them ghost guys, or whatever the heck they are called, come to the house to find out what was going on...kinda like a seance. He determined that the house was haunted and that for the most part, the entity was not harmfull...yet...and that it did'nt like me!

Well, after a time, being a big boy and not afraid of the dark, I decided to stay a couple of nights.

First time there, I get off the day shift, dink around for awhile and decide to grab a couple of z's before going out on a date, later that Friday evening.

I woke up, rooms dark, stereo lights are on, music softly playing, I reached down and got a smoke and proped myself back on the pillow..I lit the smoke and immediately caught movement out of the corner of my eye, in an instant, I was on my feet, yelling and swinging with both fists, at this thing that was comming at me!

As I was backing up, my hands were going right through it, but I kept firing because it was all I had?

Dome shaped head with no neck, more like a
big bump on a set of sloped shoulders, big green almond shaped eyes, and a large mouth full of very huge sharp looking teeth!

The thing had trunk like grasping arms and right when it was within pulling me into it's grasp, it disapated?

I grabbed an arm full of cloths and left that house on the run, in my underware and I never went back there again...my sister got all my stuff out and my friend and I moved into an apartment!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Grebe, I like my ghost from Grande Portage a whole lot better than yours. Mine looked so normal that I actually talked to him. I could see his pipe smoke but not smell it. He must have brought his own pipe tobacco because he hadn't taken any of mine. And I had no trouble at all sleeping in the tent that night. I've heard that grande Portage has more ghosts than any other place in Minn. but haven't heard of any violent ones, just noisy. I've also heard that I'm not the first person to think they were real and try to talk to them.

IcehouseBob...yeah, I like yours better then mine also...I'm of French ancestry and I would'nt mind meeting up with the ghost of an old Voyageur.

Unless the entity was cocking a musket, or approaching in a low crouch with his knife at the ready, I would'nt be afraid of him...maybe a little apprehensive until I got a feel for the situation, but I would certainly try to make contact!

That thing I seen had bad intentions and certainly not a situation where one would say, "Oh, hi there! How are you today? Hows it going?" One episode like that is enough for me! On the other hand, yours I would welcome.

Taxmancometh...and whoever else gets the willies from the apparitions of lost loved ones...why be scared?

I believe that it would be an honor to meet the spirit, if you will, of one of my departed people....we all have long lines of ancestors, back to the beginning.

I would like to meet the spirit of my sister, who died in 1944, 4 years before I was born. My brother also, who died as a
young child, my other brothers and sisters, my Dad and my uncles....But, like I stated before, I would want to meet them on my side of the fence! I just don't think it would be anything to be afraid of?

Grebes -

Not scared but more spooked as if something is walking out of the woods right then and there. It would be great to meet my grandpa's as I have little memory of them (I was a little guy then they passed) but I do remember playing cards (WAR) with them everytime I saw them.

When we are up there talking it is more of like if they came walking out it would be like HOLY SH&T (empty my pants) and then would be nice to talk with them.

You have to know that my grandpa's were botha round 6'4" and 300 so very large men so it would spook most everyone right awy before you knew who they are.

------------------
------------------
GET-ER-DONE

Hiya,

You know, stuff like this wierds me out

One of my best friends growing up lived in a haunted house. There was a young man they'd see from time to time, and we heard him walking around upstairs a lot - we'd be the only ones in the house, and you'd hear booted feet walking across the upstairs hall. They called him 'George.' He was harmless, and oddly enough, even as a little kid I was never scared when he was around. It was sort of like they had an older brother they didn't see very much.

My wife's brother passed away from brain cancer about 11 years ago, and she's seen him/had wierd encounters several times since. About 6 months after his death, she moved into a new appartment in St. Paul. He HATED her old place, and was always bugging her to move out. She was sitting on the couch in her new place, resting from unloading boxes, when her brother walked across the living room to the window, looked out, and said "cool place Sara," then disappeared.

My wife's brother was a few years older than her, and when she and her sister (also younger than their bro) were little, Brian would give them pennies to buy candy, and say that if their parents asked where they got the money, they should tell them they got pennies from heaven. It became sort of a running joke/tradition between the three of them.

The fall after their brother died, my wife and her sister went to an Octoberfest party - an annual event which they'd gone to with their brother before he died. They came home from the party with these german beer steins. Sara's sister rinsed them out and put them on the kitchen counter. The next morning, when they got up, there was a penny in the bottom of each glass...

When my wife's daughter (now my stepdaughter) was about 2, my wife was in the other room doing laundry, and Marcy was in the living room playing. She heard Marcy talking to someone and laughing - a full belly laugh. Her sister was supposed to be coming over, so she assumed she was there. When she came back into the room, Marcy was alone. She asked her who she was talking to, and Marcy, who was born 6 years after her uncle had died, and who had never really heard about him, said "Uncle Brian was playing with me..."

shocked.gif

RK

All these ghost stories and weird things stories must have me on the edge. I was out last night, and just before sundown, I saw something in the water that looked to be moving about five feet from shore.

The water was calm and there were no ripples in the water from something swimming. It was bright in color and just didn't look right. I was maybe 30 to 40 feet away, so I decided to point the trolling motor in its direction to see what it was.

All I could think about was the stories posted on this site and how I may have something to add. As it turns out, it was just a leaf floating in the water. I never laughed so hard.

Keep the stories coming, you never know when that splash in the water might be something more than just a fish.

OK, this isn't a ghost story, but since today is the 20 year anniversary of the occurance, I'll pass this along as a story, and a warning.

September 23, 1984. It was a cool Sunday morning and I headed out squirrel hunting with a couple of guys that I was in college with. One guy, I had known for years and had hunted and fished with many times. The second guy I had known less than a year and had never hunted with him. It was his father's farm in SE MN where we were hunting.

We were pretty into hunting so we were all dressed in camo and ready for anything. We started into the woods and spread out, walking a ridge overlooking a river valley. A couple hundred yards in, I spotted a squirrel and hurried ahead to try for a shot. I glimpsed guy number 2 through the thick, green brush as I hurried on ahead.

Suddenly, my world exploded. There was a bright flash in front of my eyes and then a gray cloud. I'd been shot and I knew it instantly. I thought I'd taken the bullet in my head and was dying. I prayed for God to help me. I felt myself floating in a gray mist. Then I turned and looked down and saw myself laying on the forest floor, gasping for air and my buddies hurrying through the brush to see what guy #2 had shot. I seemed to hover there, watching the whole scene in slow motion, like it was on TV. When they found me, my longtime friend shouted my name. Instantly, I opened my eyes and was back in my body.

The pain hit like a sledgehammer then. I couldn't move, couldn't breath, and couldn't feel anything from the neck down. Turns out the bullet had it me in the neck and grazed my spine at the 5th cervical vertabra. Guy #2 had seen a movement and snap shot, putting a .22 magnum through my neck with a scoped rifle.

My buddy started mouth-to-mouth on me while #2 went for help. I started breathing on my own again after a few minutes. Took about 45 minutes to get an ambulance just to the edge of the woods. I ended up spending 7 months in the hospital, but I walked out using crutches, which I still use today, 20 years later.

Quite a wild ride I had that day and it could have been easily prevented. So when you head out into the woods, remember:

Know what you are shooting at.
Know what's behind what you're shooting at.
Know who you're hunting with.
Know if anyone else is hunting nearby
Be visible... wear blaze orange
When things get exciting, slow down and use your head.

My 2 cents. Thanks for reading and be safe.

One night while I was still married the Mrs. and I were in bed. I woke up because I had to go to the bathroom about 1:00 am. When I got out of bed she didn't seem to be awake or anything so I went on in and left the door open. While I was finishing up I see 'her' walk by and go to the kitchen. She is diabetic so it was common for her blood sugars to get low in the night. When I saw her walk by I asked if her blood sugars were getting low but there was no answer. I thought nothing of it and went back to the bedroom where she was still laying......snorring like a saw.
Goose bumps shot up and down me in waves, I was completely spooked. Whatever it was looked enough like a person for me to talk to but she had never moved from the room, I got the goose bumps again just writing about it.
A few months later it became obvius that we were both to stuborn and stupid to make things work so I moved in with a buddy while things were being dissolved. She was a real nag about something a few weeks later so I waited and told her the story a few days later when things had cooled down. She got the goosebumps and chills because she was the kind who always thought she heard noises and now had to live there alone with some kind of ghost.

Corn...Thats a horror story all right! Shoot a person through the neck with a scoped rifle?

Were you and the authorities sure that it was'nt intentially done?

I sure hope that your attorneys made sure you were well compensated! Good Luck in the future.

Grebe,
It wasn't intentional, just complete stupidity. A common trait with the guy. I received no compensation other than an apology. I didn't pursue any mainly because we were both starving college students and he had nothing. His family had little more than the farm so I did not pursue it. Life goes on. I put it behind me and lived my life as best as I could.

Sorry to hear Corn, that would really change a persons life for sure. Glad you pulled through. This is a great point to mention that when we get excited, we do things that we would normally not do. I have seen it many times and have been guilty of it myself. This guy should have identified his target before he shot, no question. Additionally, people should not run ahead of the drive and potentially become an accidental target. I see two terrible mistakes in this incident which could have been prevented. Please express this to inexperienced hunters and those who tend to get a little too excited. It will be in all our best interest. Once again Corn, glad you made it and have brought up such a great lesson for the rest of us! Good luck with the upcomiing season!

Ok I have a story......I have two actually, one is mine and the other a friend told me....I'll tell my story first and save the best for last.

I lived in my parents current house for about 22 years of my life. In that time not once was I ever spooked or scared in that house. It is one of the most comfortable places I could be. My younger brother feels the same but my older brother has sworn all his life that the house is haunted. He has had numerous things happen to him. Well about three months ago it changed for me....

It was a Sat. evening and I went over to my parents house to use the computer to check my e-mail (actually Web-Tv). Noone was home so Me and my 7 month old puppy at the time went in and sat in the living room while I checked my email. She was laying on the ground next to me when she sat up and started starring at the ceiling, I thought nothing about it. She then started watching the ceiling intensly and moving her head..it looked like she was watching a fly. I then was curious so I leaned back and starred at the ceiling too. I saw nothing. It was weird. She then started whinning like she was scared or something...at this point she started backing up into the entry way half whinning and half growling, with her focus in the air up towards the ceiling. She backed all the way into a corner. When she finally realized she was as far back as she could go she paused for a moment and then ran through the living room with her attention focused on the ceiling still, she ran like she was getting dive bombed by a bat but with her looking up, it was weird....she then cam back into the room and was uneasy and growling and half whimpering, like she didn't know what to do, Still looking at the ceiling like there was a fly up there. I was freaked out...I felt weird and left at that moment! I have never felt the emotion that I felt driving back to my place after that incident. It was too weird and scared the **** out of me! I don't know what she saw but it scared the h e l l out of her. I have always heard stories of dogs and cats seeing things that aren't there, well I finally witnessed it. Recently I have moved back into my Dads house with my dog and nothing has happened. I am still comfortable as can be. weird....

Now for the next story....see next post

[This message has been edited by Walleyenator (edited 09-25-2004).]

Ok Story #2.....

A friend told me this one...Scary stuff here. Keep in mind that this guy is not a liar and this story is true. There is even evidence and other people to back this up. I was kinda skeptical at first too but its real! That is the worst part about this story! Its real.

Ok. My friend is from Randolph, Mn. For those of you who don't know, its a rural area with a lot of farm fields. One night he was on a date with his girlfriend and the night was winding down so he decided to drive her home. She lived a little farther out in the country basically surrounded by corn fields. They were driving down a road and there was a railroad crossing. As they approached the crossing, the lights started flashing allerting that a train was approaching. They stopped before crossing and waited for the train to come through. They sat there in the car listening to music and talking. It was kinda eiry out there in the middle of nowhere. The closest house was about a half mile away up the road on the left and to each side of the road were oceans of corn. Ahead on the road they noticed a vehicle approaching. As the vehicle approached they noticed it was a truck and they also had stopped at the crossing. After a moment the truck grew impatient and went through..Andrew and his girlfriend thought "well we have been here for a while so maybe we should go" The truck was out of sight and they didn't see any sign of a train so they inched to the track preparing to cross. All of the sudden as Andrew was intently looking for a train his girlfriend started screaming!! He looked to his right to see what was going on and all he saw was a figure approaching the door of his car. It appeared to be a man and his hand was reaching out to the door as if he were going to open it.....Andrew peeled out and took off as soon as they saw this! They floored it to the nearest gas station and went in and called 911 and told the Sherriff what had happened. The dispatcher was aware that there was a problem with the railroad crossing but had heard nothing of anyone out there. They did send a squad out though...What they found was even more shocking. Someone had actually broke into the box and triggered the crossing signals..There was never a train and someone had done this. Spooky....Not a ghost story but a scary one. They searched the area but never found anyone. If anyone reads this it happened about 5 years ago, you may have heard about it if you are from the area.

I have several stories that have happened, but will share my most precious one with you. When my oldest boy was 2 1/2 years old, he was standing just around the corner of our stove, talking very excited and face all lit up and animated. Wondering what he was all excited about, and to whom he was talking to, I asked what he was all excited about and received no answer. I asked again......this time he heard and turned and said "It's ok, I was just talking to God!" and ya know? I believe him! He definately was talking to someone WE couldn't see!

I love reading stuff like this even though it gives me the creeps especially when I do it when I'm the only one in the house...it's even in the middle of the day. LOL

I have a couple incidents I retell when this topic comes up. The first one happened back when I was 5 years old. 1969 and my father was dying from skin cancer.

Me and my sister who was a year older were staying at my uncle and aunts house while my mom spent time at the hospital. One night while I was fast asleep I heard my Dads voice say to me something to the effect of, "I love you Dave, but I have to go now and will see you later." I remember waking up with tears streaming down my face.

Well, that morning my mom came home to tell us our father passed away over night. That happened 35 years ago when I was 5 years old, yet it's still very vivid in my memory.

I love you to dad....

------------------
Dave Brandes
[email protected]

Our family is a family of deer hunters. My dad used to be real good at still hunting white tails up by Ash Lake, MN. He used a 35 Remington Automatic. When he would jump a deer he would shoot two quick shots at it and take his time with his third shot coming a couple of seconds later. He passed away in 1971. My brother and I used to talk quite often about those two quick ones and then the third. Well, my brother passed away a few years ago. It was in October the day before he was going to Colorado on an elk hunt and during duck season. After the funeral while the pallbearers were carrying him out there came from the duck slough below the church two quick shots and a couple of seconds later a third. I know that was a so long for now. Now where is that box of Kleenex.

My stepdad passed away about 12 years ago, he died from cancer and toward the end, it was pretty tough.

He had others that had gone on before him, his mom and dad, brothers and sisters. In the last days, he would talk to them in a manner like he was having a conversation and he seemed more at peace.

The person from hospice said that that was the minds way of preparing one to pass on, but I wonder if indeed, the spirits of his people did'nt somehow come to guide him, or ease his pain? You hear about this type of thing to often for it to be a coincidence, maybe there is more to it?

Ok, here's another weird one. About 15 years ago a friend and I were headed up north from the cities. It was 230 in the morning and we were driving on hwy 169 north of mcgregor. Suddenly the high beams picked up something moving in the ditch. As we drove by at 55 mph, we saw it was a man hitch hiking-the weird part being that he was totally nude! We figured his "honey" must have dumped him and took off with his vehicle.

OK Ive been reading through these and will add my experiences. They both involve the deaths of two of my grandparents. The first is regarding my grandmother that passed away in April of 98'. She was diagnosed with terminal cancer and was losing the battle quickly. Always being a very religious woman she opted for the at home hospice program and began collecting angels. Over the course of the last three months she couldn't even get out of bed and had went for approximately 130 pounds to less than 100. Finally near the end, after not being out of bed in more than a month, even recieving her baths in bed she got out and came to the kitchen table for Easter dinner. She said she felt no pain and ate a full meal, somethng she also hadn't done in over a month. When she was finished she returned to her bed and never got out again. The day she passed away she said she needed to go to the bathroom, so my grandfather went in to help her. As he put his arms around her she looked at him and closd her eyes, and that was it; she died in his arms. Immediately following this my grandpa called my mom and dad and my aunt and uncle were already there. When the whole family arrived they entered her room and opened the window shade and window. My dad said the wind immediately rushed in blowing the curtains nearly srait back and the sun light shown directly on her as if something swept into the room. Now I certainly am understanding to the fact that this probably was coincidence, but none the less it makes you think!

[This message has been edited by SCCO9803 (edited 09-29-2004).]