• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ghost Stories.................

Walleyenator

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not really scary but it was jaw dropping. Once on Minnetonka a fairly big power boat went whizzing past us pulling a tube with a couple gals (in their 20's) on the tube. They where laughing and waving as they went past and I couldn't understand what was so funny to them until they were already past us. Seems they had both "lost" their bikini bottoms-- I'm sure not by accident. I had been mooned. So I guess this story does kinda apply here.

Years ago, my younger brother and I lit out for Mille Lacs, on an early summer evening, to do some night fishing...well, we did the night fishing and then somemore, and it got to late to head back home, so we decided to get comfy in the car, grab some shut eye, and figured we would hit it again in the morming.

Well, before long, we both woke up and I suppose it was somewhere in the neighborhood of 3:00 A.M.

We decided to drive down some roads to see if we could see any wild life.

This had to have been 30 years ago and traffic was'nt like it is now...there was nobody out at that time of the morning.

We're driving down the east side of the lake, down toward Isle, where the road curves and we see this light comming our way on the road. You could see it from a long ways, because the trees you see along there now, probably were'nt even there then.

This light is sailing along and I thought it was someone on a motorcycle. I started to slow down and this thing kept comming.

I told my brother, "Brace yourself, I think that bass turd is going to hit us?" Then I noticed something odd, the round glowing ball was not throwing a beam?

I had come to a stop, right about where McQuaids is now, maybe a little further down the road.

This thing blasted to about 4 feet in front of the car and at a speed I estimated to be at least 60 miles an hour, it made a right angle turn! It went from straight line 60 MPH, to a perfect L turn, to bobbing along the contour of the ditch and through the woods!

We watched it bob out of sight and my brother says "You still got that .22
rifle in the trunk? Let's go see what it is!" False bravado, he ain't that brave!

I told him I did'nt want to know what it was and that we were going to sit in the cafe parking lot until it opened and I was'nt leaving that cafe until it got light out!

Never did figure out what it was, or seen anything like that again. I did hear of a sheriffs car getting hit by a glowing ball a few years back, but I can't remember the details.

That is correct, it happened in Marshall County. The deputy sheriff described it as a lighted disc which hit the wind shield of his car. The car is now part of the museum in Marshall County. I drove it once in a parade and had two kids dress up as little green men, it was pretty funny.

Yes, it was bent at 90 degrees and the windshield was bashed in. The car hit something, no question about that. However, the man driving the car was kind of a fruit loop to begin with so I do noy know if I beleive it or not!

Whats a fruit loop doing driving a sheriffs car? How did he get into the car, with whose permission? Was he arrested?

There was no fruit loop driving my car that early morning and that glowing ball could'nt have been the figment of two imaginations at the same time, because there was another person in the car and we both seen the same thing!

This stuff is always explained away as being the ramblings of fruit loops by those that have never had anything like that happen to them and then, once it does, it becomes, "As god is my witness, I saw it!"

There is alot of strange stuff in this world of ours and we don't know it all! When the unexplainable happens, it is alot easier to blow it off as a farce, then to
probably take a blow to the head trying to research the cause!

Here's another one...this was back in the mid 70's, my wife and I (Girlfriend at the time) and another couple, had just gotten back from visiting some other friends and we were sitting in the car talking, before everyone went on their separate ways.

All of a sudden the car lights up inside like someone had turned a giant beam on. Not a real bright light, but it definately lit up. I quickly looked around the car and seen nothing, so I hopped out to investigate.

I looked into the sky and the hair on the back of my neck stood right up! There were 5 huge glowing orbs, one in the front, two at each side in a vee formation.

It was hard to tell how far, or near they were, but they were huge and looked like they were trailing tails like a comet.

The thing is, they were moving like they were in slow motion, an airplane would have fllen from the sky at that slow speed and it was way to huge to be any kind of chopper
and it made no noise?

These lights moved off to the north, north east of the twin cities, private citizens and police officers, reported seeing the lights, Blaine was one of the cities I remember officers reporting from, about the lights.

If I'm not mistaken, the Airforce scrambled some planes to investigate the lights and the lights just disappeared over Lake Superior before being engaged. Anyone out there remember anything about this?

This is a little morbid, but you asked for jaw-dropping.

This didn't happen to me but it was told to me by an old friend.

I think it was sometime back in the 60's, a friend of mine, Charlie, and his Dad were trolling Lazy Ikes on Mille Lacs. They were out somewhere around Garrison/Garrison Creek Marina. Charlie's Dad hooks what he thinks is a log, back then they were trolling with 30 lb. braided line and old level wind reels. After dragging in the "log", it ends up being a body!!! Some guy had drown and they hadn't recovered the body. Charlie's Dad say's, "Help me pull him onboard", Charlie say's, "You've got to be kidding"!!!, his Dad say's we need to bring him to shore and call the Sheriff, so they did!!!

Can you imagine the look on your face if that were to happen to you???

Ole

Well, this one's from Arizona. You guys may have read about it, or seen it on TV, Discovery channel did an hour-long piece on it that they play every year or so. It was April 1997. I was there and witnessed the whole thing, the event has been dubbed "the lights over Phoenix".

Somewhat like other stories, this was a very large V-shaped series of glowing balls, but HUGE!! Very, very slow moving, completely silent, and get this, over a mile wide! We know it was an object and not just glowing balls because between the lights the shape blocked out the stars and moon behind it, completely black, somewhat the shape of a gigantic stealth bomber.

Several airline pilots also saw it on their approach into the phoenix airport, but no radar signatures ever appeared on any radar console.

All told, well over 100,000 people reported seeing this phenomena. The air force scrambled fighters out of Luke Air Force Base. The object was tracked moving very slowly (roughtly 30 miles per hour) for over 150 miles, roughly north-northwest out of Phoenix and over Prescott.

The interesting part is, all sorts of government officials got involved the next morning trying to explain it away. Even the USAF denied taking part in tracking it, even though thousands of witnesses watched F-16s racing toward it.

Always trust your own eyes, never trust the Feds.

This is some cool reading. Kinda like X-files! Well pulling up a body wouldn't be any fun. I'd freak out, **** my pants then freak out some more. I guess I'd do that if I saw some glowing balls floating too.

A few years ago I was camped at the old Grande Portage fur trading post for a historical re-creation weekend. We were all dressed as 1800's voyageurs and fur traders.My tent was a few feet from Superior and on Saturday afternoon, I lay down for some rest before having supper. At dusk I woke up and noticed someone sitting on my son's bedroll on the other side of the tent. He was gray haired, thin, and rather old looking. He was dressed in blue checked boatman's shirt and canvas pants and was smoking a clay pipe with a stem that was broken off short. I leaned on my elbow and asked him "What's up?" He just gave a sad smile and leaned back on the bedroll. I got a Bic lighter out and lit it. It flared up and then went out. When I finally got it to relight, there was no one there. Several people were outside my tent by the fire. I asked them whether they had seen anyone go in or out and they hadn't. When I told the Grande Portage staff, they said there have been many sightings over the year, but this was the first time anyone had seen this guy. One of the buildings has an old Indian woman that many people have seen. Two mobil homes are parked there for seasonal employees and some nights there are so many footsteps walking through them that no one can sleep. The trailers and my tent were both on the old portage trail. People asked me whether it scared me and it honestly didn't. By the time I didn't know he was real, he was gone. And he wasn't threatening. I really felt a bit honored. Out of all the tents there, he had chosen mine as the best one to rest and smoke his pipe.

A few years back my wife and I lost a near full-term son just two weeks before the due date. Beautiful boy; the whole community was grieving with us and made the ordeal a positive experience. A little more than a year and another miscarriage later I awoke to find our son standing at the foot of our bed. He appeared to be about six years old and asked if I knew who he was. I was at great peace when I answered with his name, Fritz. He told me that he had some news. "Mom's pregnant." I said I wondered if she was. "She is going to have twins. You're going to love them. They're great kids, a boy and a girl." He sort of disappeared from the end of the bed and then I woke up my wife. I told her what had happened and she said there was no way that she was pregnant. I sent her to the store and she returned with a pregnancy test. Yep! Positive. She tested positive at the doctor's office too and an ultrasound showed two fetal forms, one thought to have been a girl (Baby A) and a boy (Baby B). This was at an estimated gestation of seven weeks. The twins, now in first grade, have been the best fishing partners a person could ask for and are aware of their older brother though there have been no more sightings. Not really a ghost story, just something that happened.

Kevin

Good stuff!

Whenever my buddy and I go up to the BWCAW we wonder if we will see something hover over one of the lakes. We think it would be pretty wild to see such a thing.

You would think with all the far away stars that somebody has it figured out. We just are not there yet. Hopefully we last long enough to figure it out.

Keep them coming!

Once when I was younger, I was out in the back yard. I looked up in the sky and saw some flickering lights getting closer and closer, and they did not look like a plane. I started to get a little scared, raced in the house, "I think it's a ufo!!" We went back outside and it was non other than......... one of those planes with a lighted, scrolling marquee under the wings.. "vote for Reagan". I kind of felt like an a**, but memorable none the less..

Mueske...I think the kind of situation that happened to you, happens quite often.

I don't know about the information part, but people seeing lost loved ones, long after they have been gone.

One day about 15 years ago, my Ma, who was 88 years old at the time, swore up and down she had seen my Dad leaning up against the bedroom door way....thing is, my Dad had been dead for 25 years at the time of the sighting.

She was crying hysterically, shaking and pale as a ghost...my stepfather was at work and my Ma was sitting at the roll top, making out some monthly bills, when she said she got the feeling someone was watching her....when she looked around, there he was!

I don't doubt that she seen him, I just don't know why she got so upset? I would'nt mind seeing my Dad again....on this side of the line, of course!

Love the stories although my hair stands up while reading each of them. Here is my addition.

Back in the early 80's when my Aunt was in her teens she was sitting on my grandparents couch with a guy friend and watching TV. After about 10 minutes she kind of nods off to wake up with the guy tapping on her arm.

He then tells her to look at the rocking chair as her Dad (My Grandpa) was sitting in it. Thing is he had been dead for about 5+ years. The boy had never met him or seen pictures as she just met him.

After about 5 seconds he disappeared.

Everytime she tells the story I get spooked, especially when she tells it at my parents house (whom live right behind my Grandma's house).

Talk about SPOOKY try spending time up in Grand Rapids at the old cabin (built in the 40's by Grandpa & Great Grandpa) with family that likes to talk sppoky at night around the campfire!

------------------
------------------
GET-ER-DONE

The stories about seeing the fireballs intrigues me. Last year I was flying over central Wisconsin in a small company plane during the night. Me and the pilot both saw 4 fireballs or bright globes light up to the north of us. They would light up in sequence; 1,2,3,4 and they would be visible for about 5-10 seconds. We saw this three times in about 20 minutes. We thought maybe military jet engines, some jets in formation doing practice missions because that area is military airspace. We talked to the radio/radar tower and they said there were no planes in our area. And whatever these things were seemed to be pretty close.
Maybe we're being watched?

Here's another one, not alien, but kind of different...The father to a couple of my boyhood friends, was fishing out at Cedar lake in Mpls., many years ago, between the points.

He seen something that, although odd, he thought was a Porky Pine, with it's quills poking up, bobbing out in the lake.

He said that one minute it would be there and the next, he could'nt see it? This happened a couple of time and he said he got curious and tied on a plug with treble hooks. When the pork bobbed up, he made a cast, reeled in and snagged it and started pulling it in.

He said that in very short order he knew what it was because he could see it, it was a mans body! The quills he had seen was the guys hair standing on end when he bobbed.

He said he tied the guy off on a sapling and went and got the cops...found out the guy had been missing for quite some time and that he had drowned.

Funny how when the talk gets flowin, there's lights in the sky. Maybe it's because some of us have seen weird stuff in the sky yet it really isn't stuff you talk about to just anybody. Last summer on garden lake my sister and I were enjoying a little water time together around 10:30pm. She had come up from the Twin Cities with my mom. So we're sitting there, lines in the water, "catching up". The stars were incredible that night and my sister twice remarked on the brightness of one star. Finally I looked and sure enough there was an object getting brighter by the second but not moving in any direction. We watched turn from purple, to red, to yellow, and then a brilliant white. Then, it split into three equally and was gone. We didn't say much. Stared at each other trying to come up with an explanation but, came up empty. Never said anything to anyone about it til now. Not sure what I believe but I know it wasn't just some weird debris hitting the atmosphere. This thing split equally into three parts and disappeared.
There's my .02

------------------
chunky