• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

Colorado vs. Indiana blade

Whenever I make spinners I've always used colorado blades, always had good luck with them so never bothered using indiana blades. Just wondering What people prefer and if you use indiana blades do you have much luck with them? May have to try tying a few on.

I'm no expert so take it with a grain of salt. Indiana blades are smaller. Not as much thump. I find I have better luck with the Colorado Blades. I think if your pulling spinners you are looking for the aggressive fish. So more flash the better IMO.

Colorado blades are more popular with the walleye guys than Indianna blades, but they both work.

Colorado blades will spin better at slower speeds, will put off more thump and vibration, put off less flash, and will tend to ride higher at faster speeds due to lift from the blades.

Indianna blades need to be moving faster to spin, they don't put out as much thump and vibration but they do put out more flash, and Indianna blades do not have the lift or rise in them that you get with Colorado blades.

I am a Indiana blade fan and always have been, Hammered gold or the diamond blade no larger than no.2. Those big colorados can scare those spooky walleyes unless they are very agressive. I would rather go with no blade than a big colorado but that is what I have confidence in.

Number 8, eh? That must create quite the thump

Yes they do. We call them garbage can lids over here. Put four of them out, and they'll slow the boat down and sag the transom, lol.

They are readily available at most tackle stores here on Lake Erie. Since I paint my own, I have a few places that I order the blanks from.

I have really good luck on #4 or 5 Colorado as long as i am going 1.5 mph or under. But i change to Indiana style when i really want to kick up the speed. Another great thing to do is make sure to use a quick change clevis. They don't spin as pure as a metal clevis but you can just keep changing blades to what seems best. I only give one 20 minutes before I am on to another blade.

Het, I'd like to see some of you painted blades... I have been making my own inline spinners, 13 last nite. I am using Colorado's...

I posted some in the 'favorite spinner blade pattern' thread.

• 7 years later...
  • we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

When it comes to Colorado vs Indiana spinner blades which one do you think works best with walleyes?

Which one works best for bass?

Which one works best for Muskies and Northern Pike?

• 3 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• If anyone checks in here and has any reports, light us up! 😄   I don’t know how many ducks are left in MN with the recent cold snap but there has to be some.  Last weekend we shot a 3 man limit in western MN.  Mostly spoonies but saw 10 different species and harvested 5 of them.   I thought I had two really nice GWT teal drakes but I’m not 100% sure I should mount one.  So early in the season and they still have some pin feathers.     Is that chair at the top of the pic?  Why, yes it is.  My buddy has a sweet set up with some old chairs I gave him.   Feet still got a little cold but it was a super easy watch over the dekes.   Tonight at home I went down to my blind for the last 20 minutes to see what might be flying.  No gun.  NO PHONE!  4 hooded mergansers flew by and 6 GWT settled in pretty much at my feet. The two drakes were really nice - probably nicer than the two in the pic.  One coot was hanging around with them.    The no phone/no pics was probably the best duck call and deke spread ever. 🙃
    • I have fished this stretch for what seems forever. Two hundred yards downstream I caught my first trout at age five. I am certain that I was given one of my lessons on stream by my father on this stretch. He typically gave a "what is that" speech at least once during an outing. The lessons varied from what kind of tree or wildflower was streamside to being a good steward of the outdoors. His lessons taught me to love the places trout lived. He held them in high regard, They were almost holy places to him. He was not a religious person. When he spoke on stream it seemed like a sermon almost. My mom required me to go to church often and my Dad's speeches seemed like they came from the pulpit. He always told me to take it all in and always respect the outdoors.  This summer I was wading up this stream. The weeds were too high to walk the bank. I took a good friend with me to my special stretch of water. I wanted to share this place with him that evoked such strong memories of my father. My dad left me over half a century ago but his spirit lives on when I am on stream. I had a special hole that I wanted to show my friend. I was bursting with anticipation prior to getting there. My mind was replaying ancient memories almost like a slideshow. I remembered the first time there with my dad. I was five years old again. My trip to the past was abruptly terminated. Our trek had a hurdle. It was a wow moment. There in the tiny head water of my stream of time there was an obstruction. What had caused this to happen? It had endured countless rain events, even huge floods through its lifetime. I was certain my dad and I had walked in these same tracks decades prior. At first I was sad looking at the giant felled tree. My mind was rushing to and fro from years past. This tree was for sure older than me and it now laid across my stream. I paused and gave it the respect it deserved and pressed on to my final destination. Call it a metaphor or ramblings of an old gray trout slayer but it is a prominent memory in my book of life.
    • The camera gets turned toward me ever so often
    • had robins Monday but nothing today..
    • Robins are gone as well as most other birds. Think only the locals still here.
    • Woody seems to be a great guy and knows the lake really well from what I have followed.  He used to post on here, and I would follow his summer adventures, and boy did he seem to catch fish...and BIG fish!  I don't think you can go wrong using Woody!!! 
    • I found I had to go to Chrome to see the site correctly now.  My old internet explorer was displaying the site in ways I could not navigate.
  • Topics

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.