• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Colorado vs. Indiana blade

Whenever I make spinners I've always used colorado blades, always had good luck with them so never bothered using indiana blades. Just wondering What people prefer and if you use indiana blades do you have much luck with them? May have to try tying a few on.

I'm no expert so take it with a grain of salt. Indiana blades are smaller. Not as much thump. I find I have better luck with the Colorado Blades. I think if your pulling spinners you are looking for the aggressive fish. So more flash the better IMO.

Colorado blades are more popular with the walleye guys than Indianna blades, but they both work.

Colorado blades will spin better at slower speeds, will put off more thump and vibration, put off less flash, and will tend to ride higher at faster speeds due to lift from the blades.

Indianna blades need to be moving faster to spin, they don't put out as much thump and vibration but they do put out more flash, and Indianna blades do not have the lift or rise in them that you get with Colorado blades.

I am a Indiana blade fan and always have been, Hammered gold or the diamond blade no larger than no.2. Those big colorados can scare those spooky walleyes unless they are very agressive. I would rather go with no blade than a big colorado but that is what I have confidence in.

Number 8, eh? That must create quite the thump

Yes they do. We call them garbage can lids over here. Put four of them out, and they'll slow the boat down and sag the transom, lol.

I have really good luck on #4 or 5 Colorado as long as i am going 1.5 mph or under. But i change to Indiana style when i really want to kick up the speed. Another great thing to do is make sure to use a quick change clevis. They don't spin as pure as a metal clevis but you can just keep changing blades to what seems best. I only give one 20 minutes before I am on to another blade.

Het, I'd like to see some of you painted blades... I have been making my own inline spinners, 13 last nite. I am using Colorado's...

I posted some in the 'favorite spinner blade pattern' thread.

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

When it comes to Colorado vs Indiana spinner blades which one do you think works best with walleyes?

Which one works best for bass?

Which one works best for Muskies and Northern Pike?