• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Once-in-a-lifetime moose license

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks bak2mn- keep those eyes peeled for me! Low numbers, but with you guys out on the roads frequently, I bet you'll bump into a few over the next month or two. Thanks again! Scott

Bump. I'm hearing very little good news regarding moose sightings, so I'll keep pushing this back up to the top in hopes of someone seeing something...

Thanks much, Tom. I spoke with a CO but can't remember his name for sure. I think it may have been Jason Scott??? He suggested I also speak with Tim Phalen (don't know how to spell his name). I called him and didn't get an answer and haven't remembered to call back. There's a meeting in a few weeks in Casselton for those who drew the tag, so I'll hopefully get some more info there.

Any info you dig up from the CO's would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks again,

Scott

LMIT, thanks much- keep me in mind!!!

Tom, I actually stumbled upon it online while looking for Jason Scott's number. Thanks again for sending the e-mails- much appreciated!

Thanks bak2, I appreciate that.

I've heard of three bulls now, with two of them probably being the same animal. All are in the same general area and none of them are big. I've got some names and numbers and I hope to finally get up to my hunting area this coming weekend. I'll try to get up there a few times between now and the start of my hunt.

If anyone sees anything that'd be helpful, I'd sure appreciate the info.

Thanks much!

Yes, thanks again, Tom. That's the first report of a decent bull I've heard. I actually called Tim to follow up on it, but he didn't have any additional details. Still, it sounds promising enough to check it out...

Thanks Tyler- I didn't fill my tag, but the season isn't open now for a couple more weeks. It opens again on the 18th and I'll be out with my bow looking for a bull then. Thanks for the info.

A quick note to any and all hunters who are out beating the bush over the next week-and-a-half-- I'd LOVE any info anyone can give me about moose. I can go back out on the 18th and I don't have much recent info about moose. Every lead and any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Scott

... could you crank the wind down a few mph?

I promise to try! I expect things to go a lot better for you this trip! I know there are more deer around that you saw last weekend- if the weather and the rut cooperate, I bet it'll go much better this week. Good luck!

cbrooks, thanks much for the PM!