• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Once-in-a-lifetime moose license

I've gotten a few tips ove the past couple days- thanks much to any and all who have called me. I greatly appreciate the help!

If anyone has any info this week I'd be most grateful to hear any moose news. The season opens on Fri and I'm hoping the moose won't get bumped around too much between now and then. There's a good chance a bull seen over the next couple days will still be in the same area on Fri-Sun this coming weekend.

It's the gun season, but I'll be back out with my bow this coming Fri at sunup.

Thanks again for the help and info- keep it comin', please!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unbelievable! Sorry to hear that, Tom. I knew numbers were not good, but that's got to be frustrating. I think we're going to see some huge changes to how the state handles tags next year... Probably more important than that, I sure hope the Winter is better for the deer.

I'd also love to see a ton of yotes die off this Winter- if we don't get a lot of snow I'd think there's a chance of that. Food (deer numbers) is way down from where it's been in the past and the yote numbers are as high as I've ever seen. I keep hearing that from tons and tons of people too...

Keep your chin up, Tom. It only takes one and hopefully a good buck will stumble his way in front of you. I'm cheerin' for you!

My wife give me a interesting insight the other day on the deer vs. yotes deal. She is a slight tree hugger but is a strong believer in the whole circle of life. Like she said yes you say you had one of the worst deer seasons ever and they say coyotes are high. However, with low dear numbers it also means less opportunity for coyotes to feed as well so it time their numbers will trend with the deer as they starve off and when they are down then the deer have the chance to come back. I never thought of it quite like that. Granted we have had lots of reason for low number record snow fall winters spring flooding forcing deer out of there areas etc. Now I am certainly all for hunting coyote even though it isn't something I do. But like I said it is just another way to look at the issue.