• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New York Fishing Reports and Ramblings

Nice eyes Tank and DC. Good talking to both of you and the other guys at the ice show. Hopefully we can get some decent ice soon and spend some time on Oneida this year.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got out this afternoon for some eyes...

Took the LX7 to play around and get comfortable with it. No issues and wow, the display is impressive!

Here it is in graph and flasher mode...

full-1130-15566-002.jpg

We worked over a bunch of spot and picked up 7 keepers, a pile of shorts, and Tank released a 24 and 26in... cool

full-1130-15567-004.jpg

full-1130-15568-006.jpg

Jay where are the trout pics?? I see you posted some on another site. whistle

The wife and I fished opening day in the evening for about 2 hours at one of my trophy Brown Trout spots. Never saw a fish.... which is typical anyways.

Took the wife out today for about 2 hours midday even though she has a cold she still wanted to go. Tried a few different small streams that hold brook trout. Caught this one on my fathers property. All my life growing up I never saw a fish in there but this year I finally caught not one but two Brook trout out of the pool. Strange.

DSC03200.jpg

We fished a few other streams with no luck on the trout just some creek chubs. We made one more stop on the way home and ended up with an additional 8 Natives from 4-8" before having to head home. It was neat to fish the same small watershed all day and use the last 5 years of my stream shocking for Brook Trout to our advantage. smile

DSC03208.jpg

DSC03209.jpg

I put some picts in the Fly Fishing forum then got wrapped up in life, lol. It has been hectic!

We hit a creek for a few hours that hadnt been stocked yet this year. It normally has a solid number of holdovers. This year was super slow. Last sept floods did some major movin of the creek plus it was at sumertime levels. We scratched around and picked up 4 browns.

Tank did get this real nice 17 incher...

full-1130-19218-006.jpg

Heres is a pict of some of the flooding damage and low flows...

full-1130-19219-001.jpg

Better days are ahead... cool

Still been hitting the small brookies had this surprise one of the days They appear to be doing their thing about a month early this year.

DSC03223.jpg

Finally got the 1st salt trip of the year under my belt. Chartered a six pack boat it was a haddock slaughter with over 150 caught many smaller fish which is a good sign for the years to come and the keepers were big. Caught enough 19-24" cod to limit out if the season were open. frown

DSC03224.jpg

Took a mental health day yesterday...

Tank and I started on the creeks. Fished for a few hours and picked up about 15 trout, never took any picts...

Headed over to camp and messed around there for a while then hit out favorite rift for the afternoon-evening. Had a good time picking away at the trout. A decent random hatch going on- some caddis, blue quills, hendricksons, yellow stones, and march browns.

Missed quite a few but landed 8-9 rainbows and a brown. Only took a few picts...

These things are about as fun as fishing gets...

full-1130-19635-002.jpg

Tank tight to one up above...

full-1130-19636-006.jpg

full-1130-19637-003.jpg

Anyone been getting out???

Saturday Tank and I stomped around some PA creeks and found a bunch of trout. cool

Hit the pond in the afteroon and found some big gills with the flyrod and a crappie that couldnt resist a nymph...

full-1130-20035-010.jpg

full-1130-20036-009.jpg

Haven't been out since Haddock fishing next trips will be 4 days fishing and 1 day razor clamming in Alaska. After that probably a trip for Bluefish and a trip for Pollack in October and possibly a trip for Seabass, Blackfish, Scup in Early November. Other than that lots and lots of work between today November or December 1st.

Who got out for eyes?

Tank and I were down to camp on sat. Got into a good pile of eyes in the morning then hit the creeks for trout and did well...

Didnt take alot of picts but got one of Tank with a 25incher, released...

full-1130-20276-005.jpg

This goose came between the two of us. Need to use about every inch of your big boy waders to reach these fish...

full-1130-20277-008.jpg

Went with the neighbors to our favorite Bar and wandered over to the lake and who do I see praying in the Preacher's box but our favorite Dead Head. We all had the same luck so progressed to something we were better at that night. The beer was cold and the talk was sufficient. Great seeing you Doug, wow 2 years is a long time. All of us should figure out how we can do a Summer and Winter outing together . . . despite commitments and families . . . at least attempt it.

Nice to see DougieDoug lurking around! Where are the other mis-fits?

Tank and I got a little time on the water this morning. Pounded a dozen eyes early. Found a pod of fresh shad and wacked 6 then headed for home. grin

4 more weeks and the babies will be here, unless they decide to show up earlier...

full-1130-20923-101_0006.jpg

Released this 25 inch eye, she didnt want to stick around for the camera...

Happy Birthday Tip-up Tim. Jay I guess we are all in hiding for the summer smile Not much time for fishing let alone much fishing happening. Hoping for a good round 2 in Alaska coming up the end of this month.

Hay Tim! sorry I am a couple days late cause I could not get logged in. But belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Hope everything is ok with you and the family.