• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What is your favorite way to catch walleyes?

By far I catch most of my fish on bottom bouncers with live bait. That is what I'm most confident in. But, I'd have to say that my favorite bite is when they are smacking plastics in shallow water. What is your guys favorite way to bring fish to the boat?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In spring and early summer long line with a slip sinker and minnow/leech. In the fall I have to say casting/trolling shallow with a crank bait. Both are deadly. Smaller eaters in the spring and CPR Big Females in the fall.

fnf

I will admit I do love the simplicity of throwing out a slip bobber from time to time. Although I do think it is hard to beat the feeling of reeling in a trophy walleye with 200 feet of line out on the trolling rod while pulling leadcore at midnight on the October full moon (like the one in my avitar)

rigging on the flats with nice 2ft chop leeches or crawlers (mille lacs)

all time favorite

dont fish there much any more

but its still rigging deep water structe

but winnie is more of jig and minnow lake which i'm finally get dailed in

but as on mille lacs when rigging failed pulling spinners boat alot of walleyes

and always a good set up on a rock pile with some good wind.. bobber

fishing

last yr i discover i could anchor and throw a jig and that was really fun caught bout 20-25 fish in a couple hrs

hard to have just one favorite way with walleyes

Honestly, Slip bobber, jig, and a crawler at the end of my dock while sipping on an ice cold beer or cocktail watching the sun go down into the big pond smile

sounds kinda cheesy but I tell ya nothing better then catching some eyes right off the dock at dusk while relaxing on the dock bench.