• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Crankbait storage

Larson15

I have come to the conclusion that I have a crankbait addiction even though I dont fish them as much as it would seem looking at what I have. This year I have tried a couple different boxes and still have not found one I really like. Anyone have a special system for storing cranks?

Plano has some new utility boxes in the standard 3000 series coming out. I haven't seen them yet. They have a small crank box and a large crank box I think. I may try some. I try and leave mine in the box possible then keep them in regular plano boxes. I to have the crankbait addiction. I don't know why either.

Hiya -

Crankbait addition is easy to figure out. They're pretty, shiny, and some of them even rattle. They're entertaining... Way more interesting to buy than a bag of worms...

The new Plano boxes are their redesign of the Falcon FTO system. Plano bough the FTO brand from Falcon, and the redesign, among other things, standardizes the size of the boxes to the 3600 and 3700 size.

FTO systems are great if you want to keep lures from tangling. Can't store as many in the same amount of space as you could in a regular Stowaway, but you don't pull out a bait ball when you reach in and grab a bait. I love 'em. Bonus to using them is it did force me to weed out baits I didn't use. I carry half the # of cranks I used to, and I use cranks a lot.

where did you find them at RK?

The 3600 sizes (which is what I am using for hardbaits) are starting to show up at some local stores like Gander and Capras, and Cabelas too I think. I haven't seen the 3700s anywhere yet. Even where they're listed online, they're backordered or out of stock.

I will second RK on this one just picked up two of these boxes at cabelas and they are amazing!

You can still fit a lot of baits in them and you could let the box go through a tornado and still not have any tangled baits. They also have bait specific boxes for small, medium large and lip less cranks along with a spinner bait system as well.

Im excited for my first year of using these and hopefully never having to spend time on a ball of cranks just to use the one I want.

My buddy Craig uses hook bonnets on his cranks. He has several of the deeper plano boxes filled with cranks, and they never tangle because the hooks are covered. Great way to store traps or shallow cranks. I haven't tried it yet but probably will at some point.

My buddy Craig uses hook bonnets on his cranks. He has several of the deeper plano boxes filled with cranks, and they never tangle because the hooks are covered. Great way to store traps or shallow cranks. I haven't tried it yet but probably will at some point.

Hehe... I tried those. Epic fail - but only due to my own personality. By about half way through the season I had boxes full of tangled crankbaits, and hook bonnets all over the bottom of the boat. When you're someone like me who has no patience at all, they are too much monkeying around when I want to change baits.

They worked great - baits don't tangle at all - but they only work when you use them...