• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Plasitc storage

Genofish

Hiya -

I used to keep my stuff in Plano boxes too, but they take up so much room for the amount of stuff you can store in them.

I store mine in the original packages, and keep them (more or less) sorted by type in FTO (now Plano FTO) Speed Bags. Speed bags are great because you can stuff them in a locker, duffel bag or whatever and they squish down so they don't take up any more room than they have to. When you're fishing, just grab the bag with the type you need on your way to the front deck.

I buy plastics in bulk when I can, especially stuff I go through a lot like jigworm plastics, grubs and tubes, so I get laminated poly bags from a lure making supplier ($11 or so for 100 of them, and you can reuse them so they last a while), and use those to fill up the speed bags. At home, I have some plastic drawers on wheels things - $12 or so at Target - where I keep the replacement and bulk stuff. (I have an obscene amount of plastics...)

That all having been said, in the original packaging and then in the deep 3700-size Plano boxes works ok too.

I too keep the plastics in their original bags but organize my platics by their brand, type,size, then color. I keep alot of my most used plastics in a mesh storage net deal on one side of my boat and when I'm in front casting I'll have a few bags on deck close to me. I also will have my (to bring with cuz ya never know) supply of various worms, tubes, frogs, toads, creatures, crawfish trailers, etc. in a small 10 inch by 8 by 8 inch zip up bag. I beleive it was a first aid kit bag at one time but it has plenty of room for 30-40 bags of various platics. My little red bag also has three exterior zip up compartments for even more plastics. I've found it to be much more user friendly as it takes up very little space when compared to the hard Plano 3600 -3700 boxes. Other than that the garage walls are full of must have back up bags of plastics.

I like to keep all my plastics in the original packaging. I have tried a few different things over the last couple years and I like to use the Plano Pro Latch XXL boxes. I keep 2 of these on my boat pretty much filled to the brim. I like this system because it eliminates having to search through various boxes to find something. Everything is stacked upright in 2 rows allowing me to easily see whats in front of me. I always know what type of baits are in the 2 boxes (craws, trailers, tubes and flippin baits are in one box and everything else is in the second box). I have also adopted the system of keeping things in the original packaging (jigs, hooks, tungsten, etc) in Plano stowaway boxes. I have thrown away enough rusty hooks and jigs over the years to appreciate this.

I like to keep all my plastics in the original packaging. I have tried a few different things over the last couple years and I like to use the Plano Pro Latch XXL boxes. I keep 2 of these on my boat pretty much filled to the brim. I like this system because it eliminates having to search through various boxes to find something. Everything is stacked upright in 2 rows allowing me to easily see whats in front of me. I always know what type of baits are in the 2 boxes (craws, trailers, tubes and flippin baits are in one box and everything else is in the second box). I have also adopted the system of keeping things in the original packaging (jigs, hooks, tungsten, etc) in Plano stowaway boxes. I have thrown away enough rusty hooks and jigs over the years to appreciate this.

+1

I keep all my plastics in original packaging. I use heavy duty freezer bags to group them by shape/style. I keep my go to baits in a couple speed bags that stay out on the deck of the boat. The nice thing about the heavy duty freezer bags is that they help keep water away from the original packaging if/when i get rained on.

I keep all plastics in the original bags and then into large freezer bags but instead of sorting by type, I sort by style of fishing. One freezer bag each for jigworm, dropshot, carolina rig, flipping etc. For me by doing it this way I can get away with less bags on the deck at the same time while fishing.