• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

AP Compares the NFL to "Modern Day Slavery"...

Lip_Ripper Guy

slavery? slavery? slavery?. amazing. pro football owners vs players and salary and benifits, commercial oppertunities and more---slavery?. ap---read history. anyway you explain it, dice it, or rationalize it, it aint slavery. good luck.

Good for Farrar.

The genie is already out of the bottle. Not sure how what he said can be interpreted any other way. Oh, I'm sure he's got P.R. people working on an escape plan to get away from that statement, but its really too late.

That sounds like when Sprewell was insulted by the T-wolves 7 mill a year for three years.

"I've got a family to feed"

LOL.

Of course if I remember right he had to foreclose on his mansion and sell his yacht... double LOL.

I really can't imagine any context where AP's comments are not boneheaded. I agree with LIMT, PR people are working on a fix for whatever moronic thing their celebrity client has said.

I am about fed up with these boneheads! I love football, but I think after stuff like this, just goes to show what type of people these guys are. I think my love for the game will transfer to highschool football this fall.

who really cares....honestly, are we all that sensitive to every word that comes out of peoples mouths these days.

Call TMZ...they might care.

not so much about 'sensitive to' as much as about 'entertained by'

and i'm not sure what's more entertaining, his words or the stink they cause.

There you have it folks, don't let your kids go into the NFL.

I'm to blame for this perpetuating this mistreatment of NFL players by watching the game on TV and so are you.

Shame on us.

Too bad AP didn't finish college so he could fall back on some of the other high paying jobs out there.

I guess he is stuck in a dead end career making 11 million a year.

Can you imagine if Matt Birk would have said something like that? LOL

I have a great idea. Why don’t we take the difference in $ they are whining about and give it to Japan. Guess what kids……neither of you get the money.

the grass is always greener I guess, sometimes people need to shut thier mouths and think about how good they have it.. ya, he may only make a fraction of what owners make and they require him to do certain things but how is that different from the rest of us...

I have been told that AP is a normal guy and pretty cool, so I am going to give him a free pass on this one as long as he doesn't continue to say it..

Good job AP, it's true too.

If you would read everything he said instead of jumping on the bandwagon what he said was true, he said same goes with normal jobs, the bosses and owners try to make more and more money for themselves but don't want to give any more of it up to the people that make it for them.

Everyone is such a drama queen these days, go get some tissues.

Really silly thing to say for one thing. Maybe if you are in his shoes, you really see it that way. Obviously he didn't think about how it would sound to the 99.5% of people who are not millionaires. I'm also going to give him a little lee way because otherwise I really like the guy.

As much as I like the NFL, part of me kind of wants to see the owners and the players lose a bunch of money over this lock out. They have THE BEST sports franchise out there, none even close, and yet they stand to risk it for their little $$$ squabbles. They're ALL rich, but I guess you can never have enough.

Good job AP, it's true too.

If you would read everything he said instead of jumping on the bandwagon what he said was true, he said same goes with normal jobs, the bosses and owners try to make more and more money for themselves but don't want to give any more of it up to the people that make it for them.

Everyone is such a drama queen these days, go get some tissues.

True- this is how business owners and bosses act. BUT IT IS NOT SLAVERY! Not even close. I complain about my job a lot, but if I told my boss or posted on facebook that I am being treated like a slave, I would be fired.