• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

WCHA early departures

cbrooks

It's becoming more and more clear that the NHL does not care for the way NCAA hockey runs things. There is some bad blood there and the worst part is the NCAA self imposed rules are the biggest part of the problem. Hockey is a different animal then most other college sports and if they want to stay competitive they need to make some changes. We had a great run of talent through the NCAA the past decade but things seem to be shifting away from the NCAA lately, we still have lots of great palyers/teams but it is a little disturbing to see the NHL slowly turning on the NCAA development path.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recall bear, you mentioning the NCAA should allow Canandian Jrs players to be allowed to play in college hockey. I'm sure that would help but your gonna lose some players like that either way. In This case it was so late in the off season. Kind of left the Sioux hanging...oh well after he reaffirm his commitment at the NHL draft. I wonder what happen there?

I recall bear, you mentioning the NCAA should allow Canandian Jrs players to be allowed to play in college hockey. I'm sure that would help but your gonna lose some players like that either way. In This case it was so late in the off season. Kind of left the Sioux hanging...oh well after he reaffirm his commitment at the NHL draft. I wonder what happen there?

It would be nice at least even things out, right now it's a one way street from NCAA to the CHL with no way to return. You have to believe there are some disgruntled CHL players wishing they had the NCAA route or kids who were forced to decide at 15 or 16 years old and realized they wanted something else.

There have been plenty of stories of kids losing NCAA eligibility because they played in one CHL game or even a preseason game or scrimmage. The NCAA rules these player profession because some of the kids in the CHL have signed profession contracts and because the teams give them a little money to live off of. However when USA picks a pile of NCAA kids to play in the World Jr tournament each year they end up playing the same CHL players with NHL contracts. How does that make any sense.

Danny Kristo is reportedly jumping to the bigs by signing an entry level contract with Montreal.

Ah, just kidding. Drop your heart rate again Sioux fans. Seriously how is that the Sioux can be ranked #3 in the INCH pre-season poll with 6 of their top 7 scorers gone? Guess they usually do very well, but this year I'm suspicious.