• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

WCHA early departures

cbrooks

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really care either way, to be honest he has some skill and as a senior next year he would probably help us more than he would hurt us, he defensive play has come around a little. He has the offensive skill but just needs to put it all together.

All of the above plus money. Players likely get anxious too. Don't want to miss out. A long areer is 35 years old now. These kids want to get in while they can. If you wait until 22 23 they might think they are missing some prime years in the nhl.

Yeah, I agree one of the bigger pieces is the money. Since they instituted the salaray cap in 2005, many teams like to create more cap room by signing the younger guys who have very low salaries.

Wasn't there also some provisions that if a player wasn't signed withing X number of years, they became restricted free agents? Might come into play for some early drafted seniors in college.

Jamie Russell, Michigan Tech head coach is no longer. Maybe John Hill will get his shot.

Gawd . . . I feel sorry for Tech. Tough location and school to get solid recruits to commit to. Hill . . . no . . . not even at Tech, let him stay at the UMtc. Tech needs a miracle worker, and to join a conference with other MI teams.

I have the opposite opinion. Penn State please offer Mr Gwozdecky a really nice packaged financial offer.

Ok we will take Gwoz in the Big 10 but you have to find a way to keep Lucia in the WCHA.

I love the Dogs been a fan for 33 years and counting but with college hockey it's different than pro sports for me...I have favorite players in the pro's but with college hockey I'm a fan of the team and I never become a fan of the players. Mike Connelly is a prime example 5 goal game again the rodents and a solid 3 year player at UMD but the writting was one the wall for an early departure. Rumor has it there will be others leaving as well. Faulk leaving would be no suprise.

Why do Canadian players come to play in the NCAA here in the states....because they can leave early. If they play in Canada they have to stay for 4 years. As a player it makes sense as a fan it stinks. The big problem for the WCHA is the NHL pretty much pulls the strings on them....they would love to make a rule for a mandatory 4 years but that doesn't sit well with the NHL and if they did that the NHL would not allow players to go to D1 schools. It would have to be an NCAA thing in order for anyone to even consider it.

GO Dogs!!!