• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

WCHA early departures

cbrooks

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh-oh, it is that time of year again isn't it. Some guys are ready for the transition and there are always those who are not. I just hope those guys make the best LONG term decision for themselves.

Wondered about Bjuggie too, hope he stays put.

He's just a freshman. The way I see it if he leaves it will be because the team that drafted him thinks he's ready to play in the show or they don't like how he's developing.

I don't think he fits either one. I think he stays another year.

He's just a freshman. The way I see it if he leaves it will be because the team that drafted him thinks he's ready to play in the show or they don't like how he's developing.

Bjug was a man among boys when I saw him in Bemidji. 2nd best player on the ice (after Read).

I think one more year of college hockey would be good for him but what do I know. He's a great player now no one will argue that. I just think he's developing fine at Minnesota JMOP.

BTW shore I don't do the twitter but caught wind of this from S sports.

Players still want to come here. Thats not the problem.

Id be surprised if Bjugs left. He is not ready. Lets just hope that his NHL team thinks he can develop here.

Ness..... good residence. He doesnt do a whole lot. We actually could use the roster spot.

What a difference from years ago, of all the Mr. Hockey finalists only one has commited to the U. Was once a time when every young player dreamed of playing with the Gophers.

I agree 100%. There is a whole new generation of kids that have a completely different view of Gopher hockey than what we did growing up.

The "program" has lost its swagger and is no longer thought of in the same elite status as it once was.

What a shame.

I dont agree, I truley think the Gophs can get pretty much any kid they want. Did we offer scholarships to any of the candidates that are not going there? I dont think we did. I do think having Blais would be a lot better. Lucia isnt a draw anymore. I really dont think many kids are saying no. Does anyone have an example? Archibald we didnt have any interest, and really I dont think people would have liked him anyway. They only kid I can think of is that HA kid.

Solbes you son of a gun. I'll delete...this time smile

Never mind I can't delete but what a blow to the Badgers. It sounded like it was a for sure thing. I have been hearing chatter that Justin Faulk is leaving after this season. I wish these kids would stick around longer. It must be tough for some of these programs but these kids are NHL bound. Double edge sword. get the kid that gives you 2 great years or the develop a kid for 4 years. You have to go for the bluchippers but the walk ons win you championship more in my opinion.

Double edge sword. get the kid that gives you 2 great years or the develop a kid for 4 years. You have to go for the bluchippers but the walk ons win you championship more in my opinion.

Yup, the strong guys who are 6'1"-6'4", can skate, and handle the puck are almost pre-destined to leave after their sophomore season. You still need a few of these guys around though. But I agree, it's the 5'8" - 5'10" guys with skill who stick for 4 are the ones that really propel you to the playoffs.

Sweet, we got rid of Ness and Fairchild(Sr)!!! Ok they haven't been that terrible this year but as far as offensive D go program has really lowered the bar the past few years.

I hope Mr. Marshall is ready to step in and play next year because we will need him to be good. I could also see Holl doing well on the PP, he is still a little raw but he showed some flashes this year.

Don't forget that we lost Wehrs also. Darn ha ha

He too was ok this year but we need to do better. I am very concerned about the offense we are losing, Hoeffel, Cepis, and Barribal are going to be hard to replace.

I can see bjugstad, budish, hanson, haula, and maybe condon stepping up but the big question is how much can they step up and who else is going to score? I think we will be relying on a lot of freshmen again and that is not usually a good thing.

Next year bjugs and ambroze lead team in goals and asssists. Haula comes in third with a bunch of helpers. Budish hansen warning and condon follow suit.

A lot of finger crossing but I think budish bjugs and ambroz will tear it up next year.