• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

lakemaster sd card

SDS

I own the lakemaster 08,09, and 10 Minnestota cards. Im wonderind if it is possible to delete the info from the 08 card and upload the info from the 10 card. Just wondering if anyone has done this and if so what steps should I take. thanks

Sure it is copywrited, but has any one actually tried copying them? I don't know if it will just not work or if it will corrupt the files.

(I sold two of the LM 2010 MN chips this spring and bought 2 of the 2011 MN cards and 1 IA card. I truly believe we should be able to make backups like we can for music CDs, but it does leave the door open for unscrupulous behavior...)

Sure it is copywrited, but has any one actually tried copying them? I don't know if it will just not work or if it will corrupt the files.

(I sold two of the LM 2010 MN chips this spring and bought 2 of the 2011 MN cards and 1 IA card. I truly believe we should be able to make backups like we can for music CDs, but it does leave the door open for unscrupulous behavior...)

Okay, I won't mention special software or licenses...

Backing up my cards won't do me any good if I can't put that information on another card (in case my original card gets corrupted). Am I missing something here?

Okay, I won't mention special software or licenses...

Backing up my cards won't do me any good if I can't put that information on another card (in case my original card gets corrupted). Am I missing something here?

You can back it up, and copy it back to your original card. that's about all you can do. But no you cannot use any ol SD card. Has to be a lakemasters SD card.

or you could buy the navionics mobile app for android or iphones. 14$ and basically the same. oh and its 14$ one time fee as long as you keep an android or iphone.

Can you copy it? Yes. Will it work? No. Are there illegal work-arounds? Yes. Have I used them? No.

Copying it to your harddrive will not do anything other than take up space. It will be unusable if you lose your card, copy that onto a new one, and try to use it without doing the mentioned workarounds, which are illegal and sketchy at best.

You can back it up, and copy it back to your original card. that's about all you can do. But no you cannot use any ol SD card. Has to be a lakemasters SD card.

or you could buy the navionics mobile app for android or iphones. 14$ and basically the same. oh and its 14$ one time fee as long as you keep an android or iphone.

Navionics for south-central Minnesota lakes are a joke. There are NO high def maps for the local lakes on the Nav card. All the maps on the Nav chip are terrible! The LM has a lot of area lakes in 1 foot contours, so $14 and get basically the same is totally wrong! I'll save the files just in case I ruin the LM card and I will worry about a workaround later.

Thanks.