• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Braving the wind

shiltsy

same here. i dont like this type of wind on the ice or on open water. i have seen small water spouts while i was in canada crash into shore and bend the trees preety good. many years ago i was on mayhew lake on the gunflint in a small portable and we had 3 snow witches come down toward us and one of them actualy lifted my portable up off the ice and slid me down about 50 yards. my broter watched this as it happened from inside a small bay. i was out in the main lake. never forget that one. good luck.

Sitting here agreeing with the majority! I might try to get out this afternoon once the wind dies down a little. Find a bay on the west side somwhere and park the truck to block some of it. I love hole hopping though and it will be tough just holed up in a shack, but with the forecast this next week I'm not so sure I will be going out next weekend. Looks like it might be boat time + pool 4!?

I was not worried about the wind last night. a buddy and i went out at about 4:30 pm before it got bad and sat in a 6x8 porty untill about ten. caught some fish but packing up the house was interesting, the path we took out was drifted in but we made if off the lake but not off the landing. As traffic was non existent due to poor travel conditions we had no one to help. After about an hour of shoveling we gave up and a good friend came from an hour away on horrible conditions to pull us out. So fishing in the wind is ok and i would do it again in a heartbeat, but when its snowing and windy is when the problems ensue.

Was out on a metro lake last saturday morning and a friend of mine caught this big crappie. It has to be bigger then 15 inch. the smaller crappie is already 10inch. It was cold and windy but it was worth it.

IMG00075.jpg

Wow! That is a nice crappie...

I spent the morning up near Forest Lake on Saturday. Had a blast, but most of mine we're roughly HALF that size! ;-)

It's going to be interesting to see what the lake condition is after the warm up this week.