• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2010 Lund 1725 Rebel XL Sport

ib_jigged

I think I am going to pull the trigger on this boat. It has a sun top, cockpit cover, trolling motor, 90hp Merc 4 stroke, and upgraded to 4 pro ride seats, all on a roller trailer.

Anyone have any experience with this boat? We were looking at the 1775 Impact with the same features but the price was a little out of our range. This boat will be replacing a 1982 16' Lund Pro-angler tiller with 3 ped seats, and 50hp Merc with tnt. Family of three with a 7 year old that wants to start tubing.

I am thinking this is a good comprimse between a fishing and family boat.

Thanks in advance for any input.

think I am going to pull the trigger on this boat. It has a sun top, cockpit cover, trolling motor, 90hp Merc 4 stroke, and upgraded to 4 pro ride seats, all on a roller trailer.

Anyone have any experience with this boat? We were looking at the 1775 Impact with the same features but the price was a little out of our range. This boat will be replacing a 1982 16' Lund Pro-angler tiller with 3 ped seats, and 50hp Merc with tnt. Family of three with a 7 year old that wants to start tubing.

I am thinking this is a good comprimse between a fishing and family boat.

Thanks in advance for any input.

I have the 16 foot version. We fish with a family of 4 (7 and 3 year old girls) and have just enough room. Ours has the Yamaha F75, which is similar in displacement to the Merc 90. Does very well for tubing and pulls double planker skiiers great too. Struggles some getting the the one plankers up on plane, but fine once on plane. Gets 8+ mpg on a steady cruise @ 3400 RPM's, so very fuel efficient too. 40 mph top end.

Having the aft flip seats saves all that room behind the forward pedestal locations. Air rides are nice, but I like having as much room as possible when you are trying to navigate around the pit with 2 or 3 people (1 in bow).

The biggest challenge the boat has is storage, so I've gotten a little creative. Installed bow cargo nets. Added a vinyl snap cover for the forward compartment. Added 4 rod tubes to the port locker so I avoid all of the tangles that frustrated me. Added T-Handles to the rear compartments with locks (SB is starting battery, and port holds a bunch of Plano boxes). Added a lockable little swing down shelf that holds 6 Plano boxes under the console. Moved trolling motor battery up to bow for better wt distribution (shouldn't need with 17 footer).

Thanks Solbes, your input was great. I did check into the flip down seats, but I will stay with the 4 ped seats. I have asked them to upgrade to the pro-ride instead. My thinking on the rear jumps is if someone gets up the boarding ladder in the back and the seats are up, it could be a pain to step over. I do however like the larger deck size when flipped down.

The boat is all black, would have preferred the red, but I think black will be OK. The 90 Merc is only 30# heavier than a Yamaha, so should not be so bad. I like to use rod slicks on my rods so the rod storage should not be a big problem.

Would you happen to have any photos of your rod tube setup?

Thanks for the input guys. I think we will go with this boat!

Would you happen to have any photos of your rod tube setup?

I would like to see this as well. I was thinking about doing the same thing....just never got around to figuring out a good way to do it. What did you use for tubes?

I'll try to post some pics of the rod locker tonight or tomorrow. I used 1.5" PVC that I had laying around in the garage. I didn't like how the rod guides caught and scraped on the tubes, so I pulled a Cabelas rod sock inside the tube. Kind of a cross between a rod tube and a rod sock; I think it works very well. I used some cutting board material for tube cutouts with cardboard templates custom sized. The cutting board material is just held in place by the interference fit, so easy install.

I got an 08 Lund Explorer with a 115 hp 4S on it and use it for double duty. I've had 3 adults on board and towed 3 kids on a tube with no problem. The Rebel should just fine for a fish, tube and ski boat. A SS prop would be the best for tubing and skiing.

Waiting for the dealership to send the paper work. Should have it today to sign!

Will be a long 2 weeks to wait, as I am unable to get to St. Cloud to pick it up unti the beginning of April!

I am excited as all get out on this! Now just need to nail down a fish finder to rig up.

Thanks for all the input guys!

Too bad you have to wait awhile. I had some good luck doing some garage fishing when I picked up mine. I was pitching jigs and got pretty good with it. Too bad most of my catches were "hammer" handles wink

Congrats! Black boat, black motor? I'm assuming it came with the MotorGuide TM and X-50 sonar? Upgrade tactics?

It comes with a Minnkota PD55V2, but I will put two batteries in parallel to get a longer run time. No fish finder. Comes with Sun top that attaches to the windshield, cock pit cover, and we upgraded to 4 pro-ride seats.

Here's some advice for you before you take delivery. My 16 foot model with 1 series 27 trolling battery and a 369 lb Yammy F75 had some porpoising issues because the weight was shifted too far back. It didn't take a lot of change to correct, in fact all I did was pull the trolling battery cables up to the circular junction box in the bow, clipped and secured the cables, and moved the battery box up to the bow floor compartment. Took me an hour. Made a heckuva difference in how the boat rode and performed.

I didn't think anything of your situation because even with the extra 31 lbs of your Merc, you are offset by the extra foot of boat length. If you are talking about adding 2 batteries wired in parallel, I would make sure at least one of these is in the bow and not the stern. You'd probably be better having both wired to the floor bow compartment and using the port stern compartment for other storage.

Some guys like changing things on their boats (me) and some guys make a huge fuss over this and smear the boat model all over the internet. Anyway it might be better for your dealer to offer their perspective or do the change before it turns into a problem. It might not even be an issue with a 1725 Sport, but wanted you to be aware. Just my two pennies.

Just remembered, moving the motor up at least one hole up from the bottom may help this issue also. I want to raise mine before I reprop to stainless this fall (mines on the bottom).

Thanks for the reply. I planned on moving the tm battery up front as I do not like the added length of cable needed (voltage drop) to the rear.

What style of ladder did you go with? I gather it does not have a platform?

Here's some pics of the rod organizer I made for the port locker. 1.5" PVC, with a Cabelas rod sock inside and pulled over the end. The two vertical pieces are cutting board material. Works really slick, only downside is I can only get 4 spinning rods in there. The bottom 2 rods just lay on the floor.

summer2010066.jpg

summer2010065.jpg

Here's some pics of most of the other mods I've done. You can just barely see the ladder in the 4th pic.

spring09027w.jpg

spring09025.jpg

And here's the pretty basic Garelick ladder. Eez-in ladder I believe. Still easy to clear the aft seats. A 3 step ladder would make it a little easier to board, but we haven't really had any problems with the 2.

unnamedqg.jpg

Nice job on the rod tubes. I may have to try something like that. I also like the idea of that style ladder versus the swim platform, less stuff hanging. Where did you get the vynil snap cover for your bow area and the bag hanging on the side of your console? I was already thinking of those ideas, could have our sewing dept make them up for me pretty easy.

I would like to use the fishfinder on both the bow and the console, so I will try to wire in to be able to move the one back and forth.

Getting anxious to pick it up, but need to start getting my old one ready to sell.

Bought the vinyl on a sheet and snaps at Jo-ann's. Measured the hatch and added about 1-1.5" to the height and width. Brought the cut vinyl to my home town and had my Mom stitch the edges. I installed the snaps and finished up. I also made a long rectangular cover for the starboard locker opening under the console. That bag snapped to the console comes very hand when you're gunning over the lake, nice place to keep cell phones, pliers, etc.

You will have 12 volt power with clips already present in the bow area for your bow sonar. Everything was so easy to rig with the Lund. You'll love the rigging tubes underneath the boat.

Well, I got it home on April 8th, and now it is already for the opener. HDS 5 installed, stereo and speakers and all fishing gear in place. I am very excited to get out and try this thing out!

Here are some photos.

DSC01706.jpg

DSC01701.jpg

DSC01713.jpg

DSC01709.jpg

No lottery winner here. Had a '05 F350 that needed new tires and went to the dealership to price out tires, and was able to get into this '07 F150 for less than a set of new skins and better mileage also. We bought the F350 last spring thinking we would get a new 5th wheel to travel more, but over the winter decided to stay with our seasonal setup and go with a different boat. F350 was really no longer needed.

ah you didn't need to explain I was just giving you [PoorWordUsage]....and like I said you have a really sweet looking ride and it should provide you and your family all the water options that you are looking for. Enjoy it!!