• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
11-87

Gun to Use 20 ga choke tube question

The wife would like to try the hunt again this year. Last year she shot a 12/remington1187. and didn't like the oomph it put on her. I got a nice Mossberg 20 sitting in the box for the last couple years. I'm thinking of breakin down and lettin her break it in with the first shot.

I'd like to put a nice choke tube in it, but I find few different 20 ga choke tubs to pick from. If your shootin a 20, what brand do you like?

Any help greatly appreciated.

The two tubes I like for my 20ga are the untertaker from HS strut and the carlson choke tube. Both perform equally well with Federal #5's. I shot my first turkey with this combo at 33yds.

My daugghter 20 guage shoots heavy shot very well through a Primos Tightwads choke. Id she's shoot lead it's out of a Hastings Ext Turkey choke nonported in .556 dia with #6 shot. Lead is good out to 35 yards and hevishot out to 40+ yards.