• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

SE MN CWD sharpshooters (PROFESSIONALS??)

drewevans

someday....

I would love to help you folks in the area manage the herd...I am a meat hunter and would love the opportunity to hunt in the area. Would be more then happy to help you out any way possible for the privilege to hunt on your land or anyone else in the area in the future. I would respect your land and rules as if it was my own. If anyone is interested let me know.

i am only speaking for some but i do believe it is what most people will tell you..... you are not the first too ask, more like the millionth most land owners are upset that they are killing deer now (both land owners taking deer and not taking deer) also the public hunting ended already only sharp shooters are allowed to be killing deer now. that being said i dont think you will get an offer too harvest deer but you can get on a list for a deer from the DNR just call their office and they will get you on the list to receive a deer. as of mon. there were almost 300 on the list and they were only letting you take one deer. with the quota they have there will still be deer to spare if you get your name in soon. good luck.

Yes, I am on the DNR waiting list for a deer....And I was asking for possible hunting permission for future fall seasons...I know gaining land owner permission in the area is a long shot if you don't know anyone in the area. I have lost all my access to private land that I use to hunt on due to the land changing hands and would love to find a spot for myself and female friend to enjoy a quality hunt again. Would love to hear from any landowners in the area just to meet you and discuss hunting priveliges on your land. We are great people that would respect your land and the wildlife.

adaylate

My cell is 507 696 3246 if next Fall, say Sept. you still want to hunt here call me. In the mean time I'd suggest you read the CWD article in last weekends Post-Bulletin and I understand there will be another this Saturday. Just want you as informed as possible before taking any possible risk.

someday....

Thank you very much for your generous offer. I will definately be in contact with you come September. I will also check out the CWD article's.

In the meantime feel free to contact me for any phyiscal labor you may need some help with... Could you please email me at [email protected] and we can chat on some things...Thanks again. Very much appreciated and hope to meet and talk with you soon.

Thats Ok! I just think somebody needs to be pro-active about this. I don't expect it to be the DNR. After the meeting in Pine Island and reading the Outdoor News article, I believe that if the Federal and State agencies who were to monitor this would have done their job there never would have been a case of CWD in a wild deer here. I guess if you claim to have a $billion you get away with anything. Do you know that while deer hunter numbers stayed stable in the rest of the State. They fell last Fall in Zone 3 by 6%. This is likely not news to the DNR since in there survey for the changes made in 2010 7% said they would rather give up deer hunting then try to hunt with them. I guess we will just have to wait and see but I'm thinking we will see double digit declines because of the CWD in 2011 as well.

That is a guess alright, now they sell 50,000 more muzzleloader tags than they did before the change, bow permits are up, they are not adding CO's, the retiree's are not currentlty being replaced to my knowledge, DNR has money, but like most big businesses, guess what.

someday

I understand your frustrations and feelings towards the DNR and state agencies...Hunting and fishing laws and regulations are crazy...You think you have things figured out and they go and change things up again. And in many cases it's for a select few and their interest groups...Very frustrating. I am serious about helping or doing something for you and your family for possibly allowing me to hunt on your land. Please email me and I can discuss some ideas with you in private.

I think I may need to explain my last post with some local back ground information. Ever since Tower Investments bought the Elk farm from the two Brothers The City of Pine Island has been just GA GA over (do you think the one who calls herself lady will get after me for using that term?)to the chagrin of many local residents. Apparently the City believes tower has the Billion dollars it claims to want to invest in Elk Run turning it into a Bio-Tech Industrial Park and attracting tens of thousands of new residents to live in its new developments. It was Tower Investments who owned the Elk that first came down with the CWD and they who were compensated for haveing them destroyed. The compensation was as I understand it was conditional on Tower keeping the local Wild deer away from the ground where the captive elk grazed. Regulatory agencies such as the Board of animal Health, the DNR and the USDA were to see this was done. Local residents soon realized they would have to monitor the fences in the hope that the frequent violations would be corrected in some sort of timely manner. MY believe is that had everyone responsible for taking care of this situation had done their job and the local deer herd would have been managed so as to reduce the local numbers rather than restriction put on that helped increase numbers we would not even be discussing CWD in the wild Deer now!

I feel horrible for those having to go through this. It must be terrible to see the deer herd you love shot down.

Honestly, I can't imagine anything worse.

That said, I hope the deer sampling operation goes forward, and leads to knowledge that will control this disease. Your loss is the price to be paid for the possibility this disease can be stopped.

Deer/elk farms must be stopped as well!!! Get them out of MN.

I'm sorry for your loss.

Exotic animal farms are common around here mostly bison elk and some deer. I would not be one to suggest that a person be force out of business, but I think some common sense management policies should have been required for a long time. Feeders should be far enough inside the fence to prevent any possibility of animals outside from getting their tongues onto the feeder.( The picture of the Elk farm in last Saturdays Post-Bulletin showed a feeder I think any hungry deer could have got their head in. Any possibility of mussel to mussel contact should be stopped by the use of an electric high tensile fence inside the high fence. The high fence should be a minimum 10 ft. An Elk's hoofs can slice through wire better than a shears. All drive through areas should require a simple spring-loaded electrified drive through gate far enough inside the main fence as to create a gauntlet. I feel whats needed most is new management at the board of animal health. They have really let the people down.