• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

10 inch worms or bigger

apegs

When I fish a trailer with the 10" worm, I usually use a circle hook, #1 so I can skin hook it far back on the tail. 6lb flouro for the trailer line, invisible but still gives the tail lots of action.. I almost always get those short biters in the corner of the mouth with this set up, never gut hooked because of the circle hook.. I almost won a few tournaments with this rig.

i agree the bigger bait is not the reason for catching the bigger fish, but what it does is keep the smaller fish off the line longer creating activity and allowing more of the larger fish to actually get to the bait.

all though this make alot of sense

I have had plenty of bites where there all big and it is the only thing in my boat they'll bite, my primary reason for fishing them

What about hand-pored 10 inch or longer? Anyone know of anyone in MN doing their own hand-pored?

I know it seems like there are alot of hand poured on the west coast. Bass magazine just had an article about them and there web sites. Not sure about mn, there has to be somebody doing it.

I don't use a trailer hook either and I fish tournaments. But I also don't just go out and throw a 10" worm on any given day. You have to know if there are bigger fish in the lake and if they are active. If I'm throwing a 10" worm and they are just biting the tail, I will switch to a 7" worm instead. I know they can get bigger fish, but you have to let the fish and the situation tell you when to use them.

Cecil, I think that you made an awesome point, you need to let the fish tell you what to do. Every time I hit the water, I have a game plan, or what I think the fish will be doing. I am wrong the majority of the time lol. Being able to adapt to over the course of a day, is what can make all your fishing trips more succesful.

What about hand-pored 10 inch or longer? Anyone know of anyone in MN doing their own hand-pored?

*raises hand*

Though I no longer have a mold for big worms, I just don't use 'em all that often. If I'm spending the time to pour my own soft plastics these days, it's either through-line swimbaits or my own senko knockoffs.

I've just started thinking about pouring again. I haven't gotten the stuff out to do it since august, as I really like to have all my windows open to have adequate ventilation. I really wish that I had an outdoor electrical outlet so I could do it outside, the fumes aren't exactly healthy to be inhaling.