• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
unfrozen

Deer Hunting Rod

Finally got this build completed and off to the customer.

The blank is a Rainshadow ISJ782. The handle is eastern red cedar with a deer decal I made myself. The butt inlay is a 20 gauge shell with a coat of Lumiseal over it. The trickiest part of this build was finding a deer antler big enough to use as the reel seat. I found a 10 point set that I was able to use.

It's not shown here but the rod also features a black epoxy ramp that reaches down five inches onto the blank and contains the customer's name.

Thanks to Bill and Al at Midwest Rod and Reel for the rod components and Andy for furnishing the shell!

FilePhoto0031HSO.jpg

Upnorth, you're right, I do. I like the challenge of finding out the customer's other interests and then incorporating that into the rod's design...if they're open to that idea.

But as always, function before form. When I test casted this particular rod I was able to sling a 1/4 oz. weight with 6lb. mono 100' without much effort at all.

If the rod performs poorly the customer isn't going to care what it looks like.