• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2011 Minnesota State High School Hockey Tournament

Bear55

So who do you like?

Class A

Quarterfinals: Wednesday, March 9

Hermantown vs Alexandria (11 a.m.)

Rochester Lourdes vs Hibbing (1 p.m.)

St. Thomas Academy vs New Ulm (6 p.m.)

Breck vs Thief River Falls (8 p.m.)

Class AA

Quarterfinals: Thursday, March 10

Edina vs Blaine (11 a.m.)

Duluth East vs White Bear Lake (1 p.m.)

Eden Prairie vs Lakeville North (6 p.m.)

Eagan vs Moorhead (8 p.m.)

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm excited to see what Kyle Rau has to show for himself for Eden Prairie. They are the favorites to win it but the cake eaters were too in 09 and got beat by the Spuds, so anything can happen.

ok so what channel is the tourney on, its usually on forty5 (45) but I have direct and don't have it. Any help appreciated.

I'm excited to see what Kyle Rau has to show for himself for Eden Prairie. They are the favorites to win it but the cake eaters were too in 09 and got beat by the Spuds, so anything can happen.

ok so what channel is the tourney on, its usually on forty5 (45) but I have direct and don't have it. Any help appreciated.

I'm also excited to watch Rau play, you could see the talent when they won state when he was a sophmore. Should be fun to watch him this time around, I can't wait to see him in a Gopher uni.

In Bji, with an antenna, we do not get channel 45. However, if you go here kstc45.com and scroll down, you'll see a red box to click on to watch the State Tourney online. The direct link is prep45.kstc45.com

CBROOKS-as a former Hermantown Hawk, there's nothing I would love more than for the boys from TRF to hand the private schoolers from Breck their lunch on a platter. I'm still bitter about Breck winning the ship last year

Class A

Quarterfinals: Wednesday, March 9

Hermantown vs Alexandria (11 a.m.) Hermantown should cruise

Rochester Lourdes vs Hibbing (1 p.m.) Let's go with 'da rangers

St. Thomas Academy vs New Ulm (6 p.m.) Go New Ulm, but realistically . . . STA

Breck vs Thief River Falls (8 p.m.) Let's sk8 TRF! Should be a good tilt.

Class AA

Edina vs Blaine (11 a.m.) Cake

Duluth East vs White Bear Lake (1 p.m.) DE

Eden Prairie vs Lakeville North (6 p.m.) EP

Eagan vs Moorhead (8 p.m.) Let's go Spuds - make BJI look good in losing.

I'll take New Ulm plus the 9 1/2 against STA......

Other than that ...St Thomas wins the class A portion easily.

Class AA

Edina vs Blaine (11 a.m.)Blaine wins 4-3 in OT

Duluth East vs White Bear Lake (1 p.m.) I look "hope" for Duluth to choke this one away late.....3-2 WBL....

Eden Prairie vs Lakeville North (6 p.m.) 57 saves won't be enough for the Lakeville goalie "Lingren" in this one....4-1 EP

Eagan vs Moorhead (8 p.m.) Not sure on this one but I'm hoping Eagan can stun the Spuds and send them packing as is the norm for da spudster's : )

Can anyone tell me what happen to Apple Valley? I thought they where suppose to be one of the top teams. Who did they get upset by?

They lost to Eagan in sectional finals 1-0. They also lost to Eagan twice in the regular season by 1 goal each game. Eagan had the #1 seed so I don't know if there was a upset but two good teams battling for a spot at the Xcel.

Pier, how do you figure St Thomas Academy is going to "easily" take the Class A title? Hermantown has shown they can play with the big dogs, especially when they went into Eden Prairie's (#1 rank in class AA) rink and took them into overtime. If anything, it will be a great game. I don't see any team in class A "easily" taking home the ship.