• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Riding the PWR Bubble

solbes

No doubt it was a beautiful goal, it just killed a great gopher team. Michigan was stacked that year too and we were really taking it to them until that goal, it changed the whole game. Here is a great read if you have time, a bunch of quotes from Legg, Wooger, Berenson and several other players in the game.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=hruby/100408_mike_legg_michigan_goal

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some definite helper games out there for WCHA teams last night, but CC, UM, and SCSU failed to capitalize. We'll do it all over again tonight.

UNO dropped quite a bit because Bemidji is now a TUC again and sits above the cliff. Flipped the comparison with UMD, so I'm happy. Thanks Beavers, do it again! Also Mankato losing almost dropped them below the cliff, so that could help out the Gophers quite a bit. New TUC cliff shown below (remember the cliff is set at RPI=.500):

Cornell 0.5063

RIT 0.5050

Quinnipiac 0.5040

Air Force 0.5035

Bemidji State 0.5016

MSU-Mankato 0.5003

Robert Morris 0.4984*

Niagara 0.4961*

NorthEastern 0.4950

Congratulation to your Beavers. I'm surprise with some of the games tonight. Maybe BSU isn't such a surprise they had a 3-0-1 record before this weekend. I'm not sure who they play Thursday yet.

I was thinking that UNO was gonna take the Brodmour. There a good team. I haven't watch any of the games between the two teams but I remember Bakula having a couple 40 or 50 save game against the Maves. Its playoff hockey there's usually a team to come out of nowhere to make things exciting. How about Anchorage. I didn't see that coming.

Im not a genius and I didnt predict it. But I was really thinking they would match up well. I see some real coaching similarities. I think they both have over achieved with their players. Bemidji knows what kind of talent it has. well positioned.

I think they re-seed based on regular season standings. UND and Denver get a bye, UMD becomes the #3 seed with UNO losing and will play Bemidji State in one play-in game. The winner of today's Wisconsin/CC game will be the #4 seed and will play UAA in the other play-in game.

That Wisconsin/CC game has huge implications now. Loser is likely out of consideration for NCAA Tourney; Winner is on the bubble, though a win in their play-in game will put them in decent shape. Wisconsin has a low TUC%, but their RPI is slightly higher than CC.

Sweet, USCHO's pairwise predictor is up and running this morning. See it here:

http://www.uscho.com/rankings/pairwise-predictor/

I ran my conference tournament picks through the predictor and came up with the following seeding. 5 WCHA teams in my picks! I'm sure it'll be JUST like this:

1) Yale

2) UND

3) BC

4) Mich

5) Miami

6) UMD

7t) DU

7t) Merrimack

9) Union

10) Notre Dame

11t) New Hampshire

11t) CC

13t) UNO

13t) RPI

15t) BU

15t) Western Michigan

I have BU making it based on my predictor pics. They are not currently seeded there, and have a long road ahead as they are currently 17 with a lot teams bunched up.

I can't seem to come up with any likely scenario's of UMD moving past #6 (currently tied there) without them winning the Broadmoor. If everything lines up perfect (including F5 win) UMD gets to the last #1 seed (#4 overall). Top 5 teams are locked in VERY tight I guess. I can get Duluth as low as #11 with games stacked against us.

I can get Denver to a #1 seed (#4 overall) with scenarios that are slightly more likely.

I haven't been able to drop UND lower than #2 overall. I can get them to #1 overall IF Yale loses to Colgate AND then loses in their consolation bracked AND UND wins the F5. Not real likely. So Brooks I think you guys should be set with your #2 overall. Pack your bags to cross the great state of Minnesota and enter the unholiest of places, Green Bay.

Ah, I love the pairwise predictor. There goes the morning...

I'm thinking St Louis because Michigan is so close to Green Bay being the logic there. UND will draw a crowd in StL. I agree that UNO will be in Stl as well. UNO will be a scary team as a #4 seed.

I'll come up with a list of teams stats players. See how they measure up. Like Scott said I got nothing better to do smile.

Sorry, but I'm pretty sure you're headed to the land O' cheese.

Grand Forks - Green Bay = 591 miles

Lansing - St Louis = 485 miles

Grand Forks - St Louis = 873 miles!!!

Lansing - Green Bay = 427 miles

Unless those Wolverines take their boats across lake Michigan, it's not much closer to get to Green Bay. As you can see I have nothing better to do today either smile

It must suck to have ncaa bound teams and have to think about all of this geography. Sounds dumb but do the teams take a bus or do they fly for post season. I am geussing a bus.

Are you guys coming to stp for the 5

Duluth got sucker punched for game times. Guess it's just how the new F5 works. 3:30 pm Thursday and 2 pm Friday. I'm trying to setup some kid watching for at least the Friday game. Big assumption there of course.

I don't think they really care whether the teams drive or fly to the regionals. But they do try to factor in the fanbase travel. I think within 250 or 300 miles they call it drivable. And try to pair up teams with those scenarios (like UMD in GB). Otherwise I think they just try to minimize travel distances where sensible. Who knows UND could go to Missouri, but it's an awful long trip.

BTW, here's an excerpt from the UMD Penalty Box fan HSOforum; consider it a public service announcement. Never drink and post after a game (edited a little, but you won't be able to tell): "way tooo hamoer3ed for an = post. but dh-= awespme-=curlcing club-we ar so wesome=bombed=sucka myu adfs scuese =patronwe=mwines=duckafapt=winng01dug" Kind makes me giggle.

Hard to beat the F5 tourney, I agree. I really wish the seeding had been different so there would be more chances for teams within the region to advance. The bars may be a good distraction to the highly anticipated CC vs AA shootout!

Solbes, that really just looks like a normal north dakotans typing ability. Sounds like they way they talk to.

I was bumed to see the game time too. Its weird because they said the gophs would have played the evening game. Maybe they wanted to allow travel time for the other teams or something.

Aaah, I see my sand-bagging tPB signature violated policy. But it brought us good luck, so I need to stick with a similar theme. Hopefully this one is still acceptable. It's all about the ____ when you're a UMD fan in the play-offs!

Sweet, USCHO's pairwise predictor is up and running this morning. See it here:

http://www.uscho.com/rankings/pairwise-predictor/

1.Yale

2.UND

3.Miami

4.BC

5.UMD

6.Michigan

7.New Hampshire

8t.Denver

8t.Union

8t.Merrick

11.Notre Dame

12.Dartmouth

13.CC

14.UNO

15t.Boston University

15t.Maine

15t.RPI

I had Air Force taking the Atlantic conference. Miami, Dartmouth, NH and UMD all winning there's.

I tried so hard but I could only get UND down to 3rd, oh well it won't matter when they get beat by some small speedy Eastern school.

I tried so hard, but I couldn't get M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A up to 14th, oh well, it won't matter as they lost to a bunch of other teams. grinlaugh