• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Just pulled off the lake after a 2hr quick trip. Ice is in great shape with little snow cover and very easy to travel on. Drove on from the west side ramp with my atv pulling a small trailer and didn't have any issues getting way over to the east side.

Blue gills and crappie bit non stop and then immediately shut off once the sun went down. As always nothing big in size but caught fish.

Fished in 8ft of water along south side of lake straight across from main boat ramp. Small green genz worm and an orange marmooska jig tipped with wax worms caught fish frequently. Had jigs about one foot off the bottom and flasher was lit up the entire time with fish

I have been sneaking out for a some quick 45 minute shore fishing excursions as thats all I have had time for lately. Catching lots of small panfish with the occasional bass here and there. Nothing to size but usually steady action.

Great place to take some kids, just remember to keep the presentation small if you want keep them busy.

fished Alvin for a couple hours last night just before dark.

I couldn't believe the number of people out there, it was unreal. I wasn't able to run and gun as most of my goto spots had someone on them or nearby so I just set up in what I felt was an open area but was closer than I would prefer to be to anyone but really didn't have a lot of options.

Bite was slow, marked a few but no takers. Probably didn't help that I then had people set up right next to me. This lake is hit or miss during the day but I usually catch something at sundown. I noticed the barometer was high yesterday so maybe that turned the fish off.

Ice was not great, hard to believe that some guy drove a jeep onto the ice. Ice was sketchy even for ATV traffic but there were a few out there.

that lake is in my back yard, I literally live right down the road. With the past week or so barometric pressure being high the fish have been tight lipped.

I have heard rumors of bigger sized panfish this year so I think the lake is seeing more pressure than normal. I haven't found anything close to keeper size myself but I also haven't been out much.

I might try to make it out myself this weekend, let me know if you make the trip.

just got home from the lake, started fishing around 4pm.

props to the couple that decided to start drilling holes between my shack and auger (literally a few feet!)....I by no means am entitled to the lake, but I dont like people setting up that close near me. There was entire 4 people on the lake at the time......I decided to bite my tounge and not tell you how I really felt and just moved. Thankfully it worked to my benefit and got me to move on top of fish.

I caught a pile of 9-10" crappies and the bite didnt start until about 6:15 and then it was one after another. I went with a different game plan than usual. I almost always fish this lake with the smallest jigs possible but today went with some larger baits to keep the small fish off my line and it paid off. Fish were suspended so had to pay attention on the flasher.

I have been doing some shore fishing with my kids last few days and the blue gills are going crazy in the shallows. We have been fishing on shore near the fishing pier on the SE end of the lake.

I havent been using any bait just gulp fish fry (green) (on the smallest ice fishing jig I can find with a slip bobber set just below the surface of the water. I like using the GULP stuff as it lasts much longer than worms and no need to rebait)

Now keep in mind these are not keeper fish, but I suppose if one were to fish long enough and sorted through you might make a really small meal out of a few. Just wanted to throw this out there for anyone with some young kids that wants to keep them busy catching fish.

fished here tonight with my 2 kids right off of the boat ramp. small genzworm with a waxie about 6" off the bottom. no keepers or big fish but enough to keep my kids entertained.

this was their first time ever ice fishing with me:

full-6428-30898-20130308_171847.jpg

full-6428-30899-20130308_181338.jpg

full-6428-30900-20130308_182212.jpg

this is a great lake to introduce kids to fishing

Fished here this evening and ice is getting bad. Shorelines are the worst but we were able to get on near the boat ramp. Light dusting of snow covered ice but bad spots were easy to see by wet spots.

We didn't go out to far and every hole I drilled was about 5" of good ice but I won't be going out there again after tonight.

As for fishing caught blue gills right and left but no size to any. Kids had a fun time though.

Also someone put a big boulder on the ice right on boat ramp. It sunk and froze into ice and I had no way to get it out. So just a heads up come open water time.

been having hard time finding fish here this year compared to years past.

With the warm temps yesterday took my 3yr old daughter out just before dark last night and fished east side of the lake in 17fow water.

We marked fished the entire time out and they were all suspended. We caught blue gills, crappie, catfish and bullheads all caught from 12-4ft under the ice. Never caught or marked a fish right on the bottom.

Didn't catch anything to size for the pan fish. Largest fish of the day was a pretty good sized bull head and once those things moved in we packed up and left for the evening.