• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Iambjm

Weekend Report

My friend Hopeforfish and I went to Upper Red Lake this weekend. It was my weekend to be shack dog for Portavilla, my third time up there this year. Naturally I drug another cold front with me. We got there around 2 pm on Thur. and it was in the high 40's lots of slush on the lake. Around 4 pm my tag along front came through, temps dropped about 20 degrees or so and the wind picked up to around 25-30 mph. It stayed windy all weekend. Fishing was very slow again, I had my camera set up and could see fish but couldn't get them to bite. By Saturday we only had 3 eyes in the fridge. Saturday night it started to pick up some, a couple of eyes and a 10 inch Perch. Sunday was cold and windy again but fishing started to look promising. Saw several northerns on the screen, and Hope lost a keeper that hit on the rattle wheel when the line broke and the fish hit the floor and slid down another hole. Sunday night I hit my second 16" of the day and Hope had to return a 19" to the lake after one of the funniest drop down the hole saves I have ever witnessed. All in all I sent Hope home with 3 16" and a 14", I kept the 3 smaller 13" ones. It turned out to be a very fun weekend, the guys from Portavilla are great.

It was a blast on Red with Lambjam, we went home with fish and fish stories, which are true. So glad I met Barb and the other gals on this forum a couple of years ago. I consider them life long friends now.

What a report! I can't even imagine how that wind was whipping across Red though! You girls crack me up and I can just picture the crazy walleye chasing time you girls had!

Barb, I think it's cool that you get up to Red and be their shack dog. I bet you've met a ton a great fishing people. Do you have any more outings up there before ice out?

No, done for the year. Heading down to the cities this weekend to the Fishapalooza. Did you read the thread on facebook about Hope and the fish?

Good luck at the Fishapalooza and I hope you girls win something cool!

I did read this adventure on facebook. Your version of the story was too funny!

Sounds like a good time! I'm feeling that slightly panicked feeling of ice fishing winding down and a ways to go before the boat can go out - you know what I mean...

I always have a crazy March, so it's tough for me to get away, even for a few hours. I had to work this past weekend, and a few city council duties are rearing an ugly head this coming up weekend. Maybe me and the hubby can grab a few hours here and there, but only if I can get the dog to clean out the fridge - something smells awfully bad in there...big sigh.

You gals keep fishing and feeding me stories and I'll live through you vicariously. It will get me through this stubborn time until I can head up to Lake of the Woods to the Sturgeon Excursion in mid-April.

Hubby Eric and I will celebrate our 25th anniversary on March 8, and by celebrate I mean look at each other and say, "Oh, was that today?" Yep, that's how March is around here. eek

Happy early anniversary to you and your hubby. Many happy days fishing too!!! laugh

Back from another fishing weekend. This week I fished at Fishapalooza in Forest Lake. Saw a lot of fish being registered, and a young guy close to us was catching a lot of dinky perch. I threw everything at them I could but with no luck. I checked the leaderboard Sunday morning on their HSOforum and was very pleased to see some female names on there. One female, (not sure if she was young or an adult) won an ice castle wheelhouse. WTG Emma McDonald wherever you are.

Sunday I roamed over to Bald Eagle for a couple of hours of crappie fishing, we could see fish on the flasher but all I caught was a small one. Looking forward to getting on Winnie sometime this week and finding some jumbo perch. This winter has been so hard on us for snow I haven't hit many of the local lakes, but as the weather warms up and the meltdown continues I hope to be hitting it hard.