• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
CNY Lee

NEIT 2010 Tour Champions

Way to go Kyle and Lee! Checked out Maki's site and those were some dandy crappies. Good luck at Bomoseen guys..

Thanks Tim,

We should have been on that spot Saturday also but we out thought ourselfs but it worked out because we would have had a crowd with us on Sunday for sure if we won on Saturday. The kicker part is my buddy steve found the same fish and was only 30 yards off the fish and I told him to check shallow because I think they are getting pushed in from the pressure. They saw a few crappies and caught one so Kyle and I decided to hit it first thing in the morning and get our gills (bigger ones in that area) and then run and gun for some perch and crappies. Turns out the push in was the ticket and we had our limit of good crappies in less then an hour, I had our big fish then Kyle pulled through with a slammer that went 1.20 lbs that tied for big fish and won us an underwater camera with the hopper from Sportsmens Direct. We also won $175 (anglers put money in a pot) along with a new Jiffy propane auger. We went into the weekend saying we wanted to come out with the Championship and we pulled through. I will say this though, if it wasn't for Maki plastics we would have been fighting the bluegills all day, what it did was target the lager gills and allowed us to pull it away from the fish we didn't want (even the smaller crappies) without losing our bait. There was a couple of more tricks to getting only the crappies but we have to keep them close to our chest for the next tourney there. smile

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Speaking of lures I remembered something... Recently I have been trying to understand how to fish at night, was never really much of a fan before. Don’t overload yourself with tackle when fishing at night. Use a smaller tackle box and make use of two or three separate, small containers for all the necessary items like hooks, weights, small bait etc. Night-fishing success means not using bright lights and being very quiet. I feel in love with my new glow in the dark fishing lure, it is so underrated, there are quite a lot of these glow in the dark lures at places like Amazon and such. According to veteran fly-fishermen trout that are all but impossible to catch during the day will be more likely to hit at night. Why? Because these fish are nocturnal feeders. They venture out from under the logs and out of the deeper holes to feed in the shallows. Of course, when you’re seeking trout or other shallow feeders at night you’ll have to take extra precautions to stay safe. So far I've been doing good with my night fishing adventures.
    • My "BROWNING STRIKE FORCE SUB MICRO" was a dream. It really stands out for its exceptional daylight clarity and amazing battery life. The images this game camera can capture put most 12MP cameras to shame. It also uses power very efficiently, even with heavy use of video – especially if you install a set of lithium batteries.  You can expect several months’ use out of them which is even more impressive when you consider that it runs on six AAs, instead of the more common eight.
    • They only have 2 options in life: 1 - get hunted. 2 - get ran over.
    • Crazy thing just happened to me while fishing off my dock... Was throwing a topwater, not paying attention, and SPLASH, I set the hook and nothing there. As I was reeling in to try that spot again, I heard something in the big pine next to the dock, but didn't think anything of it. Recasted and heard something again, turned my headlight on in time to see an owl heading to and then kinda hovering over my lure...  I thought that was weird... A couple casts later I hooked a small bass.... Then I lift it out of the water and as I'm reaching for it, the crazy owl swoops down and about hit me as it tried to nab my bass!!! Holy $#!+ I said out loud and decided to go up the hill before I got attacked. But not until I got pics and videos of the brave bird.  Last summer I had a very similar up close encounter with a great blue heron and a crappie, right at dusk with a heavy fog coming in... Not sure which one surprised me more!!
    • you using millet?  if so get rid of it. sparrows love it
    • All a byproduct of the MDDI. 
    • Seasoned up burgers and smoked cheese for a topping.
    • There appears to be enough venison laying on the roads, gonna add a bit of that too!!
    • I've been informed that I'll be making this again this weekend up at the camper for some friends that will be joining us.