• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

waubay/bitter lake

hey everyone i have been planning this weekend trip for a couple years but this time im goin sometime this month. never been out to the area and alittle info would help i like to hunt for the fish so i dont need the spot on spot was going to fish 1 lake one day and the ether lake the next. i was going to target perch and walleyes. not going to keep any eyes. hows the snow out there? i got a f150 good tires and a good shovel lol if ya don't want to post email me [email protected]

I have been trying to plan a trip up that way as well, but from what I have been told unless you have a snowmobile your not gonna get around very well at all.

I was hoping by now I would be able to get around on my ATV and stay on top of the snow but sounds like a no go.

we are headed up next sunday for 3 or 4 days, Renting a sleeper house and the guy could only guarantee we would be able to get to the sleeper house because he will plow a road. We are bringing 2 snowmobiles up. Guys on wheelers, even chained up are having problems on some lakes up there. Haven't heard much for roads being plowed either. Best bet is to call any of the bait shops or resorts up that way and get the low down.

I fished Waubay last weekend (Jan 15 and 16th) I would bring the snowmobiles. Yes I did see people driving trucks on the ice on other lakes but they were taking a risk. Waubay where we were the ice was maybe 13-16 inches. Alot of slush pockets. Fishing wasnt the best. We did get some perch but that was very slow.

can I ask who your getting the sleeper from? I looked at renting from Doug at sportsman cove, but he only has a 2 man, guess he sold the larger one he had.

Was looking for somethign that could sleep 3-4 guys up that way?

I believe we are renting from Doug...my buddy is setting up that part of the trip. Going to be 3 of us and 1 guy will have to be on a cot is what i was told.