• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Motorcycle Show

Dave S

Does anyone have plans of attending the Motorcycle Show on February 4-6? I'll be going to see what's new and to get some ideas for upgrading/replacing the Concours.

I stopped by a local dealership the other day and got a card for $2 off at the box office or $4 off an online purchase of your tickets. I think the cost last year was $15 per ticket so I'd recommend swinging by any dealership and see if they have the same discounts for the show.

After watching videos of this thing, it looks like a riot. The Mrs. likes the Can Am Spyder but I prefer to stay on 2 wheels at this point. When it comes to 3 wheels, the performance of the T-Rex IMO negates any stereotype imposed by the third wheel. grin

Just got back a little bit ago. Man, what a show. Best I've been to. If anyone out there is going, you have to see the stunt show. Unbelievable! The bikes were pretty cool too. My favorite was the Cory Ness Victory Cross Country. I was dissapointed that they didn't have the new 6 cyl. K-bike from BMW. I hope to demo it this spring though, just for S&G. Hey, I can dream, can't I.

Here are some pics from the show:

Custom Suzuki

full-8710-5622-img_0640_2.jpg

Aprilia Shiver

full-8710-5623-img_0641_2.jpg

Aprilia Dorsosuro 750

full-8710-5624-img_0642_2.jpg

Harley Trike (Realizing a Market)

full-8710-5625-img_0643_2.jpg

V-Rod

full-8710-5626-img_0644_2.jpg

Custom

full-8710-5627-img_0645_2.jpg

Custom Side View

full-8710-5628-img_0646_2.jpg

Custom Rear View

full-8710-5629-img_0647_2.jpg

Custom Front/Side (Seat = OUCH shocked)

full-8710-5630-img_0648_2.jpg

Custom (careful of that chain eek)

full-8710-5631-img_0649_2.jpg

Here's the rest of the bikes I have photos of:

Kawasaki ZX10

full-8710-5632-img_0650_2.jpg

Kawasaki KLR

full-8710-5633-img_0651_2.jpg

Kawasaki KLR

full-8710-5634-img_0652_2.jpg

Yamaha Tenere (Should be a big seller for Yamaha this year)

full-8710-5635-img_0655_2.jpg

Ducati 848

full-8710-5636-img_0656_2.jpg

Ducati 1198

full-8710-5637-img_0657_2.jpg

Ducati Diavel (Devil)

full-8710-5638-img_0658_2.jpg

Ducati Multistrada 1200 (my 2nd choice for a Sport Tourer)

full-8710-5639-img_0659_2.jpg

Can Am Spyder (maybe when I'm 70....if I live that long)

full-8710-5640-img_0660_2.jpg

I saw something at a booth in regards to a cranky ape. Didn't stick around to see what it was about. Besides, I was more interested in the model over at the Indian booth. Sorry no pics. If I even attempted to sneak a pic, the Mrs. would've ensured I'd be spending the night at HCMC. It was bad enough I saw her in the first place. grin Not to mention as soon as we met up with the other couple we went with, they were headed that direction. Anybody for round 2 grin

I took those just for you leech grin. I knew you liked the dual sport bikes. That Aprilia Dorsoduro 750 would be a riot as would the 1200cc version of the same bike.

Thanks! smile Yeah but those big motor bikes get to be a little hard holding them back when heading through the trees! laugh

Honda and Yamaha had their smaller displacement dual sports there also. I wanted to get a pic of the new Honda CBR 250 but there were so many people flocking around the bike there wasn't a good photo op.

Honda and Yamaha had their smaller displacement dual sports there also. I wanted to get a pic of the new Honda CBR 250 but there were so many people flocking around the bike there wasn't a good photo op.

Man, you are really bumming me out now. I thought that the show would only have big road and rocket bikes there! frown

I was thinking I would maybe run into Duckslayer there but I didn't see him at the J&J area. I agree with the scenery though on both accounts. Lots of apparel with phrases not appropriate to post here and the "sales staff" to go along with it. grin

leech,

I'd say Honda had as many dirt and dual sport bikes as they did touring, cruisers and rockets.

I didn't notice any of the "celeb" bike builders. Then again, of the customs I did get pics of, I didn't look to see who the builder was. Paul Sr or Jr would stand out in a crowd if they were there. Other than them, I usually haven't paid much attention to the custom bikes until Sunday. I was too busy looking at the bikes and er um........you know grin

I didn't notice any of the "celeb" bike builders. Then again, of the customs I did get pics of, I didn't look to see who the builder was. Paul Sr or Jr would stand out in a crowd if they were there. Other than them, I usually haven't paid much attention to the custom bikes until Sunday. I was too busy looking at the bikes and er um........you know grin

Yes, oh um did you bring the wife? wink