• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice Fishing Winnebago

I was all gun ho about this post till I seen the East side. smile I've speared on the East side, but never fished over in those woods. As far as fishing the Lake as whole, I stick mainly to the abundant amount of reefs for walleyes. Working bottom of the flat to the top, once I locate them I'll work the reef longways in that depth. Jiggin Raps, Lindy Darters, Chubbies, swedish pimples have all done well for me. Various colors work with perch n shad being my goto. For perch, which has been a good producer these past few years, I've stictly been doing good on the West shore bays mainly from Asylum south towards Wendts. Perch are always on the move, so the fisherman has to do the same. Northland forage spoons have done well along with kastmasters downsizing to a genzbug and such depending on their mood, tipped with plastic or waxies. It's a big, ugly and dangerous girl in the winter to master. Do not be afraid to visit the bait shops and ask for some tips in the area that you are going to fish. Most importantly do this regardless for ice safety updates, cracks are always forming, bridges may only be in certain areas. People die every year on this thing, safety is #1. Be Safe and Good Luck.

Gator, Thank you, have you been on there this year yet. If so what was the average ice thickness. Thanks again. Also gator have you ever fished voyager park I think it is called by Depere. Are there Perch and Walleyes there this time of year. Thanks Gatorbait.

I've been on bago a cpl times for perch. Ice out there right now is 14-16inches. Voyager Park is the closest thing to God's Country. I haven't been up there on the ice, but i've heard alot of good catches up there though through the ice. I usually am up there right after the ice is off every year and my goodness are there some pigs in there. It's basically Wall Hanger Alley, they say you shouldn't eat them up there cuz of the pcb's in the water, w/e, but chances of hooking a 10# plus is not uncommon.

What species you going to be targeting? The bite has been pretty good out there for eyes/perch and white bass... Hwy 45 is main drag on the west side of the lake, runs all the way from fondy to oshkosh and then turns into Cty.A. It's been hit n miss on the this side the past week. 2-3miles out of Oshkosh (Waugoo Ave) there has been a decent bite on the eyes and perch. Drill lots of holes and just start hopping. There will be cities out there, stay on the sides of them.

Asylum Bay which is off of Indian Point Road few miles North of Oshkosh has been producing perch consistently but sizes have been spotty. 6-12fow find weeds if you can.

Watch for the tubers...(Trucks/Campers/Vans that have tubes coming down from them, basically fishing shanties on wheels) These boys live n breath on this lake, usually are where the fish are, don't crowd but keep an eye on them if you run across them.

I'll know a bit more on Friday for ya.