• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

WalleyeChamp

SHED HUNTING THREAD - PICs INCLUDED

2 hours ago, rkhinrichs said:

I get lost in the woods easily:D

How, don't all pine trees look different? :confused:  :grin:

Edited by leech~~

2 hours ago, WalleyeChamp said:

Anything happening??

Pulled a hammy trying to get through deep snow over the weekend...

Might take a sled ride out to a farm this weekend just to break some trails in.  I think the deer could use a little help.  My SIL found a young buck dead in his bed last weekend; not even completely frozen yet.  His antlers were dropped.

I plan to stay out of any bedding areas for at least a month, or till this snow gets more manageable; whichever comes second.  Most deer are probably pretty stressed right now and spooking them around looking for head gear doesn’t seem like it would be in their best interest, IMHO.  We do have a 12 we wanna find out there when conditions get better for everyone.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• I don't personally but have a friend up in Itasca county where his kid does. they can it and he says its like a tuna spread. its good smoked but bones galore. I've also had pickled sucker and no bad!!!!!
    • Maybe he finally remembered his password? 🤷‍♂️😁
    • I recognized pheasantpete’s handle.  Been registered since 2008 and posted in this thread back in ‘14.  Maybe he just finally checked his notifications. 😁     Never heard of a spammer that was THAT patient! 🤣
    • Anyone spear spring suckers? Any tips or tricks to it? Is it allowed to spear after dark with a light? Do you smoke the suckers or make fish patties?
    • And when it happens it will probably have one if it's main ingredients just happen to be alcohol based. Strange how that works.    
    • LOL     Why is this ancient thread being revived?  I'm waiting for the product placement in this saga.
    • I say don't keep any gas in anything that is going to sit. Any problems with fuel are water problems not the alcohol. You take out the alcohol in Minnesota in winter you get frozen fuel lines. This was common in winter for decades until ethanol was added but they used isopropyl rather than ethyl alcohol. In fact many of the " remedies" are just other forms of alcohol. If you get so much water in the fuel that the alcohol gets saturated and phases out then you have a contamination issue and the problems won't be solved by  removing the alcohol. You will just have more unbound water sitting at the bottom of your tank building sludge.   Lots of the problems with small engines are derived from the chemicals that come up with the crude in the well. Companies blend this into the fuel rather than pay to dispose of it and that is what gunk's up the fuel system. Gumout was invented long before ethanol and carb cleaner was a regular maintenance procedure needed because of those chemicals mucking up the fuel system. Alcohol is a very good solvent and it does a good job of cleaning up deposits left from those chemicals but as a consequence of that cleaning action you will get clogged Jets and such periodically. But in that case alcohol is the good guy that is cleaning up the dump left behind by the fuel. 
    • I tell people all the time do not use ethanol at all in equipment your store for extended times. I often hear but, but I use it in my car all the time. I respond do you drive your car often? Yes they say. I tell them then your fuel did not have time to become water saturated. There is good reason wise car collectors store their prized classics with non-ethanol fuel only.
    • Bacterial growth in carb bowl filled with water & ethanol. The ethanol component of the fuel becomes saturated with water and settles to bottom of fuel tank. Over time it goes down fuel line by gravity into carb bowl as fuel evaporates out. The water saturated ethanol separates from gasoline as it is heavier.
    • Here is some of the jelly from water being absorbed by ethanol and then bacteria acting on it. Luckily I caught this early before it caused more corrosion. Will post pic of rag with "jelly" (bacterial slime) I pulled out of this carb bowl. Stihl also has some wonderful pics & warnings of damage done by ethanol you can google.